a customer call no ac.when i got to the customer house, I found the evaperoter totally iced. defrost the ice. it is a heat pump. I hooked the gage. the low side is only 40 psig, more than 40 supreheating.high side 220 psig, the subcooling is almost 0( Maybe I measureed not accurate). is it undercharge or capilary tube restricted?

[Edited by comfortable air on 07-12-2005 at 07:39 PM]

Dude, aren't you a tech? Sounds like it's low to me but I don't know what the ambients are. Could be possible the RV isn't fully switching over to cool either.

Yes. I am. but it is my first time to servie the heat pump.
    ambiet temperature is more than 90f. I don't think rv is not fully open for cooling. it either open or close. it could not be partly open.

Filter

Did you check the filter, Indoor coil, return air or make sure the blower motor is running? Might as well try a shot of r22.

With no subcooling, and high superheat it sounds like a leak.

Check for a leak.

Fix the leak, and recharge it.

Yes, I omitted acouple steps.

Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Originally posted by special ed
    Could be possible the RV isn't fully switching over to cool either.
    With a 40 suction?

OP...

You are working on a heat pump in cooling mode. Why would this be any different than a straight AC at this point? Use what you know about AC and dont get hung up on the fact its a heat pump.

Dump a gallon of refrigerant into the system and see what happens..........

thank you everybody. the high pressure don't lookes like undercharge. when i met some 40 psig at low side, the high side usually don't over 200. I am sure it is undercharge. but this time is different. the head pressure is not low.
    the evaperator coil and filte is ok. the air volume is also ok. I dump some of gas inside it to increase the head pressure. I will go back to see how is it going. if it is a leakage, the problem will be repeat soon

[Edited by comfortable air on 07-13-2005 at 11:07 PM]

I'm curious but what exactly is ok air volume. Just so we stay on the same page here.