Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Originally posted by beenthere
    Why didn't you get a price from central city, and then have it done right.
    Because last time I called them for a quote it took them 2 days to even call me back, and then they wanted to schedule the visit 2-5 days after that. I don't have that much time in this situation....the option period expires at the end of the week, and I need to have all negotiations finalized by then.

Originally posted by classical
    So after all these months and many false starts you have finally decided on a house?
    Yes...it appears that way. I had settled on others, but they fell apart because of undisclosed deed restrictions, or the house needing too many repairs and the sellers not willing to make enough consessions to make the final cost practical, or somebody else buying it first.....

Had a call yesterday almost same thing Same company telling homeowner sheetmetal ducts were bad and needed replacing,, with Flex. This company is awfull....

Why did you not look one of us up in the directory here under contractors texas houston. for advise,, ? that is part of this wonderful websites advantage...

Originally posted by slice
    Why did you not look one of us up in the directory here under contractors texas houston. for advise,, ? that is part of this wonderful websites advantage...
    I didn't want to call good people away from other moneymaking activities in the peak of the busy season just to give me a quote for something I'm not going to have done until the slow season rolls around. I'd rather waste the time of the hacks.

I will say this About, you are direct and truthful two qualities I can appreciate and respect.

Did you tell the company you called that you were just calling to waste thier time and money in an effort to save yourself a buck? Should have offered the guy some gas money at the least.
    HVAC Contractor, Tyler Texas.

Read the first page only...

Tool, Bill, & Tin have said everything for me already!

You guys ROCK!

Ya'll obviously don't what company he is talking about. It is a major consolidator and is the king of rip-offs. They have lost their state license at nearly 20-times in two years. No mean feat in itself. When they lose the license they fire the hired license holder and hire another fool to take his place. The have thousand of unresolved complaints with the State Licensing board and with the BBB.

As he has said getting a quote from a company to negotiate the price on the house is not wrong. The seller is able to get counter quotes and then they haggle. This is called the art of negotiation. I have sellers call me all the time wanting lowest possible price for repair work as means of negotiating what is the difference.

About also stated he did not want to call out a small honest contractor for a free bid on work he will not do for months. The company in question here offers free bids so they are fair game. I offer free bids and am also fair game I just screen calls before I accept.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12