Thread: oil furnace/boiler

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Likes

Confused

Not sure where to post this so please don't beat this old horse too bad....Any of you guys have access to any used oil furnaces or boilers that are still operational? I would like to have one to heat my shop using WVO and/or waste oil products. Any size from 40-125k would work. I am willing to pay a small amount but a free one would be nice. I can come to your place to pick it/them up. thanks a bunch......

Post Likes
    LOL..thats the funniest thing I herd all summer.

Thanks Snake.

What you're looking for does not get trash unless it trash.

Buy a new one with a service plans it should paid for itself in no time.Thats is if you can supply a plenty of free fuel.

Did I say free??Somebody smack me.

Post Likes
    I need to change the oil in my wife's car I'll have 4.5 quarts when can you come get it.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by drk
    I need to change the oil in my wife's car I'll have 4.5 quarts when can you come get it.
    Every body likes a little ass.....But nobody likes a smart ass....

Post Likes
    If you wanted to drive to CT I could give you a couple boilers. You would just need to pull them out of the basements.

Post Likes
    Stop by your local plumbing house and ask them for the old boilers they take out.....many are not leakers, they get changed out for efficiency-sake. An older oil boiler is what you want anyways, one with wide flue passages since the fuel you're going to 'feed' the boiler is sure to run with soot. The plumbing houses should gladly give you one since they have to pay to have them taken away (scrap yard, etc). Ask for an American Standard "Double-Door" boiler especially, almost nothing can plug that boiler and yet it will still put out heat.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by casturbo
    Stop by your local plumbing house and ask them for the old boilers they take out.....many are not leakers, they get changed out for efficiency-sake. An older oil boiler is what you want anyways, one with wide flue passages since the fuel you're going to 'feed' the boiler is sure to run with soot. The plumbing houses should gladly give you one since they have to pay to have them taken away (scrap yard, etc). Ask for an American Standard "Double-Door" boiler especially, almost nothing can plug that boiler and yet it will still put out heat.

Thanks for the info but......I live in the south, Chances are local plumbing folks here have never heard of heating with oil unless you count standing over a fish fryer drinking beer........

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in