Frown

a hussman 6 door freezer..
    how long should it last?

this temp was taken at 4pm...

Should be fine as long as it only has those temps for a few hours a day. As long as the superheat is low enough to keep your discharge temps below 225 degrees you should be ok.
    Aire Serv of SW Connecticut- Gas heat, dual fuel and central a/c systems installed and serviced

Good question and answer.
    But out here we have 404 systems that are in that (and warmer) temps ALL the time. It is normal for our roofs to be 120.
    Most systems were not built for it but they will last a while. Watch that the condenser fan motors stay oiled, they normally fail first.

Yuma,
    What is snow? Is it that white stuff in a freezer?

this compressor wont pull down to a vacuum..maybe 5psi at least..i ordered another..

also this customer dosnt do any maintenance. like cleaning coils...when i show up, i find a "wool blanket" on the coils, and while im there ill clean them..but he wont pay me to show up and clean them..

[Edited by primmers on 07-12-2005 at 09:26 PM]

Originally posted by primmers
    this compressor wont pull down to a vacuum..maybe 5psi at least..i ordered another..

also this customer dosnt do any maintenance. like cleaning coils...when i show up, i find a "wool blanket" on the coils, and while im there ill clean them..but he wont pay me to show up and clean them..

[Edited by primmers on 07-12-2005 at 09:26 PM]
    so he will pay you to replace the compressor..

look at the compressor tags... are they dark and burnt looking? Yep... bet they are... POE oil has overheated and turned to crap. No compressor lubrication will result in loss of capacity?? Yep... burnt that sucker right up.

Lack of maintenance and high ambient heat at the condenser will just bust up a blend compressor and it doesn't take long to kill it.

the oil has gummed/wased up, plan on system clean up and
    new metering devices at the time you replace compressor