Thread: Reliable central Air

Post Likes

Smile

My air has been broke for the upstairs ALL SUMMER!!! After waiting for the "Right " part for the 23 year old Electric York 3 1/2 ton split system for over a month, i've been told now the system is dead(Duh, Ya think?) Anyway enough of the sob story. According to the contractor, the home warentee company, is going to send a unit that will be junk. They have offered to put a better unit in if i pay the difference. I've been reading all day looking for consumer info on what brand to buy. I know it depends on where you live too. I'm in North Carolina. It's very hot and VERY, VERY HUMID. I've learned about varible Speed heat pumps and Scroll Compressor. I'm stuck between the warentee company and contractor and need your expertise in getting a good unit that will last my family a long time and help on the electric bill.

You guys are great and i've enjoyed all the post i've read. You helped me with an attic fan a while ago and it works great. Thanks

Post Likes
    whats wrong with the unit
    if its that old anything will be better
    if they cant install the replacement and get it working right what makes you think the one you will pay for will work any better

Post Likes
    All the units will be about the same! I Like train the best, own a carrier. But really their are no major difference between any of them.

Post Likes
    they have not put a new unit in. its taken them this long to decide the old unit is completely shot.

Post Likes
    If its taken them this long to firure that out, you might want a different contractor.

If that york lasted 23 years, why not stay with york.

Just happens to be my brand.

The warranty company is probaly wanting to use a payne.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in