Thread: I am also getting a new system!

Post Likes
    Representitive came out today and quoted us for a new Whirlpool Gold AHU with TXV (Opinions on this brand?) to replace old, leaky York AHU (Indoor and Outdoor units are 9 years old). Some of you will jump on me for this but Outdoor H/P is not getting replaced because we are moving next summer. They are going to evacuate the exixting system, replace some referagant tubing, reinsulate the lines, replace leaky condenstate drain and redo some duct-work. All will be done next week. Will deffently be posted in Wall Of Pride later. BTW, The rep. had a real working demo Infinity Controler that I got to play with. Very neat stuff! We will go economical in our current house and then go the best in the new house!

Post Likes
    if you are moving and it works, then go for it. i do feel sorry for the poor bastard that buys your house, though.

wall of pride. probably not. a mismatched system belongs at the wall of shame.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by billva
    if you are moving and it works, then go for it. i do feel sorry for the poor bastard that buys your house, though.

wall of pride. probably not. a mismatched system belongs at the wall of shame.
    Oh poopie...I KNEW some of you would say this!

Post Likes
    by the way, you ARE NOT getting a new system.

you are getting half of....well,you won't know until you have paid them and lived with it for the summer and winter.

you may see an increase in energy consumption and a decrease in comfort with the mismatch.

why not just do it right? then when the house goes on the market the real estate agent can put in bold letters new hvac system. may differentiate you from the competition down the street.

as always, good luck.

Post Likes
    Just fix/replace the pan

Post Likes
    Originally posted by drk
    Just fix/replace the pan
    No, I'm not talking about the condensate drain leaking, the evaporator coil is leaking R-22 and there is not a direct replacement for it because of it's old age(9 years)

Post Likes

Old Age

Indoor and Outdoor units are 9 years old THIS IS NOT OLD!!! You are being hoodwinkled. There is a replacement you can get!!! You should look into it. Also Pull the coil Pressure test it and fix the leaks!!!After removing the pressure. You can fix the coil!!

Post Likes
    Look guys, Im only going with what the guy said and he said there are no replacement parts or another model of the evaporator coil for direct replacement.

Post Likes
    York... I am saying this from one consumer to another. I am a Service Tech for a York dealer. You are being fed a line of BS. Please get a second opinion. What if the leak is in the outdoor unit? 9 years old is too young to go condeming equipment. We offer an optional 10 year warranty on everything we install. It can be fixed for much cheaper than replacing and mismatching things.

Post Likes
    daytonafan,
    Leak check was done on the evap unit about a week ago and a LARGE leak was found at the evap.

Post Likes
    A large leak is easy to find and if he is worth anything he can fixit in most cases. Its a waste of money to be getting a new inside unit for this reason alone.

Wish you the best on this and hopefully the guy is honest and compotent.
    HVAC Contractor, Tyler Texas.

Post Likes
    York hvac.

Post the mod and serial numbers of the indoor unit.

Then we can tell you if you being told the whole truth.

I'm not saying the guy is fleecing you, but,

post the numbers.

Post Likes
    The AHU is modular so I will list the numbers for each part

Blower Section:
    Model# N2AHD10A06E
    Serial# ENDS327222

Coil:
    I do not know the exact model or serial number for the coil but it is either G/HC030 or G-FC030 The "/" can equal 3 or C The "-" can equal 1 or A. The unit is a counterflow and I think that was a concern of the tech that York didnt make a counterflow coil that would fit the unit and be compatablr with the O/D unit.

Post Likes
    When I get in to the office tomorrow I'll cross that mod # for you.

York tends to obsolete part numbers and mod numbers. And make the thing just with a different number.

I'll double check tomorrow, but a G*FD030S comes to mind.

[Edited by beenthere on 07-13-2005 at 07:42 PM]

Post Likes
    New AHU installed today. Old unit taken out, about to install Whirlpool AHU but it required a kit to convert to downflow and there was no kit in stock. So the York was actually replaced with a Carrier FA4B. Works like a charm. I will try to get pics but we just finished cleaning up the mess so probobly no pics until later.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in