Hybrid View

Angry How to set up a condisate drain on a Gibson furnace

Im in a apartment building and installing a condesent drain, because I couldent go out the top of the unit which is factory with this unit I turned the purge sideways and the book says if you do that than the original drain is useless and you have to run a different way, the drain is going out the left side of the unit below the blower, how is the best way to run the drain, as far as I understand comeing off the purge I have to run a T on the 3in PVC drain then im kinda lost from there. The book dosent do a very good job explaining the best way to run the drain with the purge horizontal out the left side

Quote Originally Posted by Hvacbuddy1990 View Post
    Im in a apartment building and installing a condesent drain, because I couldent go out the top of the unit which is factory with this unit I turned the purge sideways and the book says if you do that than the original drain is useless and you have to run a different way, the drain is going out the left side of the unit below the blower, how is the best way to run the drain, as far as I understand comeing off the purge I have to run a T on the 3in PVC drain then im kinda lost from there. The book dosent do a very good job explaining the best way to run the drain with the purge horizontal out the left side
    It sounds like you need some professional assistance, time to call a pro.

Edna Bay, Alaska Highest concentration of black bears in the US
    Your install manual will show you all acceptable routings for your unit. If you don't see it, don't do it.

call a pro. Gas appliances aren't something to mess around with.
    "Better tell the sandman to stay away, because we're gonna be workin on this one all night."

"Dude, you need more than 2 wires to a condenser to run a 2 stage heatpump."

"Just get it done son."

Dad adjusted

Last time look at a gibson book (last week) It shows how If you are kinda lost. then you need to put your tools away and call a pro. If it not done right you can hurt someone or do damage to the unit.
    CALL A PRO.