Thread: Goodman XV24-60 TXV

Post Likes
    I'm having a 15 year old, 2 ton Goodman coil replaced with the same coil (no duct work needed). The condenser is also 2 tons. I asked the HVAC installer if he could use a TXV. He said Goodman has a TXV kit, XV24-60, that would work. It's for any Goodman coil from 2 to 5 tons. I thought a TXV should be sized closer to the condenser size. Is a TXV that will work from 2 to 5 tons okay or should he use a TXV closer to 2 tons?

Post Likes
    residential expansion valves are axv's not txv's.
    i would have company call goodman and make sure it will work, but if your smart youll pay another 50 or 100 dollars and buy a better coil. junk is junk it maybe cheaper and or have a better warranty but the labor is still paid by you and youll pay more in repairs buying cheap than just to pay for a good brand up front. but ultimatly its up to you

Post Likes
    Funny thing here I've changed more newer Carrier coils than ever Goodman junk coils,,, and yes the txv will work just fine,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Post Likes
    axv's? They don't have a sensing bulb on the suction line?

We've also changed many more Carrier A coils but around here, few Goodmans are installed on matching coils so we don't know how they hold up. We've yanked many ancient coils and put new coils on Goodman condensers but usually use ADP.

Post Likes
    Replaced more Carrier, Trane, Rheem, and especially York coils than Goodman. Most of my Goodman leaks are in Condenser and usually can be fixed in 30 minutes with torches.

Post Likes
    Out of curiosity, is your outdoor unit 15 years old also? If so, I reccomend a complete system change with higher eff. It will save you $$ in the long run.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by airworx
    residential expansion valves are axv's not txv's.
    i would have company call goodman and make sure it will work, but if your smart youll pay another 50 or 100 dollars and buy a better coil. junk is junk it maybe cheaper and or have a better warranty but the labor is still paid by you and youll pay more in repairs buying cheap than just to pay for a good brand up front. but ultimatly its up to you
    WOW I guess 15 years is not enough in your book
    Junk is Junk as you say
    What Brand do you install?
    DON"T mess with the US
    I thought I had been there and done That.
    ITS ALL ABOUT LEARNIN!
    I thought it would be better by now
    "He who works with his hands is a laborer.
    He who works with his hands & his head is a craftsman.
    He who works with his hands, his head & his heart is an artist."
    ~St. Francis of Assisi

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in