+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How do you change out a Circon controller on a Distech system?

Post Likes

Confused

First off..I'm an Automated Logic guy, I have seen Circon and Disteck once..this time! I got pulled into an abandoned system that has Circon 202 VAV controllers on it with a Distech front end. We were able to get the owner into the front end and get it back up and running, but we have some 202's that are DOA. I was able to get the controllers, but now I need to figure out how to address them and download memory to them. The installing contractor has gone out of buisiness and I'm trying to help hopefully a future customer. Any help would be appreciated!!!

Post Likes
    LNS based Distech software?

Post Likes

Hmm

Does the owners computor have software to access the Lon network? If so, try to resync the network after looking to see if all the panels are visible to the lon program. If any panels are not visible then lok for physical problems, power, etc.

Tom

Tom

Post Likes
    The owner does have access to the LON network, we can see all of the panels except a few. There are a few modules that just don't show up on the network and I believe that they have problems. If I go to the module and pull the high side of the flow tube off, the damper does not react. The panel has lights blinking, but does not seem to function. The owner said to buy replacements anyway so that he could have spares, so if they aren't bad...no loss.

I seem to recall that it is LNS based, again excuse my lack of knowlege, if it were ALC I could tell you all about it, but this stuff is all new to me.

Post Likes
    First, Do A Backup! I use the software to back up to default directories and the burn a cd or load it to my memory card in my camera.

Use whichever software the customer has to view all the panels available, the look for the syncronise command and try that. If your network is good then all panels will show on the network page in the software. since the last Co. failed I would also check the network for end of line termination. Each manufacterer uses their own version, as far as I know. So you should contact circon for that info.

The hard part is learning on a steep curve. If you understand bacnet, this will get easier quickly

Good Luck, Give the customer the truth and it all will work out.
    Tom

Post Likes

Hmm

The UHC 202 controller is a lon - api system dos the computer have Circon system integrator on it? If so then start it up and query the non functioning nodes in lon status. If they respond then you can reload the application and node editor settings. Then you should be able to view them in distech. Call me if necessary, Brian

Post Likes
    Brian, in one case I pushed the button on the module and I since found out that this is used for programming. I understand that you push this button and then go to the system and let it find it somehow. Does the controller time out if it is not found and go back to the first state?

Post Likes

Hmm

If you are using System Integrator, then yes it will time out. Call me when you are on site it will go faster. Thanks brian.

Post Likes
    Brian, I'm waiting for thr parts to come in, should have them in a week or so + the customer is on vacation. I really appreciate the help!
    HotRod

Controls..some days your a hero, some days your a zero. Direct acting since 1992.

Post Likes

Red face

Reset the unit!

Post Likes
    Brian, I received my parts and I'm trying to get a confirmed date to install them. The jobsite is a Hotel meeting room, so scheduling is a problem. I will drop you an Email ahead of time when I have a firm date. I really appreciate your help on this!
    HotRod

Controls..some days your a hero, some days your a zero. Direct acting since 1992.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in