Thread: Humidistat for Bryant Systems?

Post Likes

Thermidistat for my Bryant systems?

Hi there,

My wife and I just bought a 1927 house that is set up with 2 zones -- a Bryant 697C heat pump for the 2nd floor and a 350MAV furnace / FK4C & 597C coil and condenser for the first floor. After about 2 weeks in the house, we've noticed that the humidity levels in the house are higher than we'd like, and are interested in upgrading the thermostats as well, which are the cheapest Bryant-labeled manual thermostats that seem to exist.

I know that Bryant sells a Thermidistat product, which would give us the programmability and humidity controls we're interested in, but was wondering if anyone knows if they are appropriate/compatible with these pieces of equipment.

Thanks for your help-

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Post Likes
    Will work with the FK air handler,and I tink,not sure,the MAV,thinking is the same as the Carrier,MVP.

Someone will know for sure on the furnace.

Post Likes
    The 350MAV is the generic single stage 90. I don't think the Thermidistat will help with dehumidifying will it?

Make sure blowers are set to no more than 400 CFM/ton and don't run the blower constantly.

Post Likes
    Thanks for the replies. I know that listing the furnace is overkill... I just wanted to make sure I was clear that the FK4C & 597C was paired up with the furnace and that it would all play together nicely with the new thermostat choice.

I was under the impression that the Thermidistat would control the systems to run longer to remove additional moisture based on the settings we're looking for. Am I wrong about this?

Thanks again.

[Edited by Spunkmeyer on 07-09-2005 at 11:51 AM]

Post Likes
    FK4c ,is an air handler ,can't be paired up with a furnace.

The indoor unit,furnace or air handler ,needs to have a variable speed indoor motor ,te air handler does ,and the furnace doe not.

However ,our Service Mgr ,has a Thermidistat on a non-variable speed in his home,using high speed for normal,and med on a call to dehumidify and has exceelant results.

Some of the Carrier literature shows this setup,with a PSC(standard motor),so suggest that to your contractor.

Post Likes

Oops!

My error - the FK4C is paired with the 697C.

Thanks for the help... dash, it sounds like we'd get more from the FK4C/697C combo having a Thermidistat because of the variable speed capabilities of the FK4C than we would by the 597C and the 350MAV.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by dash
    results.

Some of the Carrier literature shows this setup,with a PSC(standard motor),so suggest that to your contractor.
    form number?

Post Likes
    tstat-2w & tstat-23si

Post Likes
    thanks,im experimenting and that may be helpful.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by jrbenny
    tstat-2w & tstat-23si
    Thanks benny,

No literature at home.

Note:

With a PSC motor,check the ESP and the fan chart,to insure minimum cfms on the lower speed chosen,for dehum..

Post Likes
    This can help with a standard PSC motor set-up.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by jultzya
    This can help with a standard PSC motor set-up.

We tried them and without a new ball bearing motor,very noisey.

How did they work for you?

Post Likes
    With a PSC motor,check the ESP and the fan chart,to insure minimum cfms on the lower speed chosen,for dehum..
    Ok.the experiments are done with subjects from the ac graveyard..they died without leaving fan data or model numbers...

but that is good reminder

thanks all.

Post Likes
    How did they work for you?
    I have personally never used one, but know of others that have had success with them.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in