Thread: r-134

does anyone know if the tool that i use to remove schrader valves for 1/4 fittings can be used for auto r-143 fittings if I remove the quick disconnect or is there a special tool for auto. this is the tool that enables you to remove the valve without losing the charge. thanks for any input

if you are talking removing the scheader without losing the refrigerant and if so answere is no. if you are talking about removing scheader on an enpty system then just try it.

igwt777 is offline Professional Member - T&B bad email address
    If the valve is oem 134a you need a diferent tool. (treads are different)

igwt777 is offline Professional Member - T&B bad email address
    Originally posted by dman1
    does anyone know if the tool that i use to remove schrader valves for 1/4 fittings can be used for auto r-143 fittings if I remove the quick disconnect or is there a special tool for auto. this is the tool that enables you to remove the valve without losing the charge. thanks for any input
    Try this

http://yellowjacket.com/prdetail.cfm...1&Auto=1#a3207

Most of the later models MVAC applications have gone to a nonserviceable nonremovable 2 part service port. The valve top portion threads onto the body it contains a spring loaded ball valve, real crappy but that is the way it is. I would check to see what I had before investing in core removal tools that will not work for your vehicle. MVAC usually only holds a pd or so of refrigerant. I usually just recover the small amount that is in there vacumm and recharge to proper weight after replacing the valve. It only takes a few minutes anyway sometimes it would take me longer to find the core removal tool than do the deed LOL.