Hybrid View

Thumbs up

EZ-FLEX vs SpaceGuard 2200 vs Honey F150?

Just looking for some opinions...

Brian

what are we comparing? thermostates ,pickups ,air cleaners, Liners, flex .....what just about everything? what on prices or quality? too big a catigory

1) Air Cleaners Media
    2) They are in the same or close price range.

Originally posted by dec
    what are we comparing? thermostates ,pickups ,air cleaners, Liners, flex .....what just about everything? what on prices or quality? too big a catigory
    Beings all of them are 'specific' to 'media air filters', I'd say quality?

theyare all good quality filters

Generally speaking,, I see the EZ-flex filter lasting 3to6 months maximum.. Same for the honeywell...
    The Aprilaire spacegard filter generally lasts about 6 months to 1 year...
    This is what I see every day... I know the Carrier and Bryant salesmen tend to push that their filter lasts longer and has less static pressure drop than the spacegard.. I like Carrier/bryant products but this doesn't hold water with my experience... I have a Bryant system..

I tested all three in my home system and tested static pressure drop and the spacegard lasted the longest(double the time of the ez-flex) then the ez-flex lasted longer than the honeywell box filter...

Filter life depends on alot of things size of unit(cfm movement), size of filter, pets, smoking,, etc...

I would rate the filter systems as Aprilaire spacegard as my favorite and the ez-flex as second...
    I just don't care for the honeywell box filter,, take up too much room on my truck and get trashed too easily..

Any media filter if applied correctly will serve your needs well..
    Good luck
    J