Has anyone figured out a way to interface with the Carrier VVT Generation 2 controllers? At one time Carrier did make a VVT Gateway, but they don't make them anymore, and no one seems to have any extras sitting around. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Carrier used to make a board called an Iso-Sat or maybe it was an Iso 02. I can't remember now. I used to use an Iso-Sat and a modem to interface with the old Gen II VVT from a remote location. If I recall correctly, the Iso-Sat had connections for either a modem for dial-up, or a 9 pin connecter for a serial direct connect. You also have to use a copy of the old PC Command Center software to interface.

Good luck.
    MMc

Do you have multiple VVT sites? If not I would be ready to upgrade to V3 VVT or Varitrac CCPIII. VVT genII will be obsolete next year. Dave Babb w/carrier west in denver wrote his own version of command center software and was talking about making it in a PDA version don't know if that ever happened. I also have a Friend who programs his own version of VVT with solidyne controls Collins Controls Associates in Longmont,CO. you might give these guys a try.

VVT Gen II

If the retrofit is needed look at the Zonex Commander Plus or MODCOM. You can use existing Dampers and Control wire so you only have to tie in the thermostats and controls center to get it operational. Visit the website, http://www.zonexsystems.com or call technical support 800228 2966

I am looking at bringing these into the Tridium system that we installed at this site. If they have to retrofit the boxes to bring them in, I'm pretty sure that they will just leave them as-is, and forget about it. If there is a fairly easy (cheap) means of doing it, they will most likely go ahead with it.

Mike

Zone boxes would need a actuator upgrade, but not replacement. A ML6161 actuator would need to be installed in place of current motor. I would need to know the current wiring in the building but if it is VVT in design this retrofit would most likely be less expensive than any other in the market. Call Zonex Technical support to help with layout 800 228 2966

200 Tamal Plaza, Corte Madera, Calif 94925

Gen-2 PC Command Center software

I have complete set of Gen-2 software and the PC Command Center software that I could loan you. Also some parts, but not an ISO-2. I am trying to obtain Gen-2 parts to keep a system running for another year. Anyone have any to sell? If I find an ISO-2 I will let you know. Did you try the Zonex Commander Plus or MODCOM? If so, how did it work out? Feel Free to call me at 415-456-2712 x206
    Fred Grange
    200 Tamal Plaza #115
    Corte Madera, Calif. 94925
    Ph 415-456-2712 x206
    Cell 415-302-5537