Goodman Flue Collector Temp

GMNT100-4

Just a quick question, I had to replace the vacuum hose to the pressure switch the other day(3 blink code, original hose, 9 year old furnace), swapped it out and furnace running like a champ again.

But while I was in there watching it before I closed up the cabinet to make sure all looked well I noticed that the flue collector box was pretty hot to the touch, but the furnace was working to get the upstairs back up to thermostat temp and to be honest I don't know if that is normal (kinda makes sense, heat is recirculating just behind it), I was going to grab the digital laser thermometer out of curiosity but my buddy had borrowed it, so no go that day. I also noticed a small crack towards one side of the collector box, but I've read online this is not unusual on Goodmans'...

Furnace ran fine, no limit switch going off, completed it's cycle, etc.etc.

Should the collector box be hot, and if so, how hot is normal??

Thanks!

how hot ?. and was the exchanger cracked or the trap box dry somtimes the baffle in the condensor rust away, but if it is 9 years old check the eye's holding the exchanger clam shell together always see cracks on them. Goodmans getting better they sell whirlpool heaters as the top of the line goodman around me

I suggest combustion analysis it will be hot to the touch

Quote Originally Posted by youngtech View Post
    I suggest combustion analysis it will be hot to the touch
    Sorry, are you saying it will be hot to the touch(expected) and you suggest combustion analysis?

Quote Originally Posted by matt1228 View Post
    how hot ?. and was the exchanger cracked or the trap box dry somtimes the baffle in the condensor rust away, but if it is 9 years old check the eye's holding the exchanger clam shell together always see cracks on them. Goodmans getting better they sell whirlpool heaters as the top of the line goodman around me
    Not sure, didn't get the thermometer back yet, what should be expected?... no exchanger crack that I'm aware of, I watched the flames when the blower comes on, straight nice flames

Condensate gets through to the trap and out to the pump, that all seems ok

What do you mean by the eye's that hold the clam shell together?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ck13 View Post
    Sorry, are you saying it will be hot to the touch(expected) and you suggest combustion analysis?
    yes it will be hot (it is a furnace) combustion analysis should always be done to verify proper combustion