Question

I have 5 small bathrooms in a beach home I'm building. I want to use a Panasonic Bath / Light combo and the ideal location for utilizing the light would be directly over the Tub / Shower unit. Would this be "OK" ? Additionally, what is the "ideal" location for a ceiling bath exhaust fan if you have the flexibility to place the fan anywhere?

Thanks!

bradesp

I put mine above the shower, but you need a gfci circuit for that. Also, some fans state not to put the fan over a shower.
    I've never had a fogged mirror,however.
    Col 3:23

questions asked, answers received, ignorance abated

I do think that putting the exhaust directly over the shower/tub is the best place for humidity removal, but the local code inspector might not be as pleased to see it there. For that location, I think the fan needs to be rated for "damp" or "wet" locations. The Panasonic exhaust fans are some of the quietest out there, and I believe they do have this certification.

What is the diff between there and a couple of feet awa which is where most are? right...nothing.

Originally posted by James 3528
    What is the diff between there and a couple of feet awa which is where most are? right...nothing.
    So you have your kitchen exhaust across the room from the stove rather than directly over it?

Originally posted by tpa-fl
    Originally posted by James 3528
    What is the diff between there and a couple of feet away which is where most are? right...nothing.
    So you have your kitchen exhaust across the room from the stove rather than directly over it?
    Where is a kitchen exhaust mentioned other than your post?

ive never seen a fan above a shower ever. a small bathroom only needs a small 50 cfm fan usually by toilet. larger bathrooms yeah panasonic 90-110 cfm fans are nice near a whirlpool, if your toilet is enclosed from rest of bathroom need 2 fans. thats my experience right or wrong you make the call.