Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blower Problem

You know it's funny you brought up Wal-Mart because I beleive they will one day soon get into the HVAC business too,I can see it now, on isle 22 you'll see all brands of units offering free installation, hell they sell everything else, in fact last year on one of the larger news networks they were talking about W\M trying to get involved in selling cars, thats scary, we have a W\M Superstore that will open this month, the local business ppl here tried everything they could to stop them from locating here but loss.
    HomeDepot got involved in HVAC now Wal-Mart?

[Edited by hiltontech on 07-04-2005 at 10:10 PM]

troyorr bar7 Grow up

Hey drk. Let me give you a vowel. Here is an O. Now your name is dork. Thanks for your professional advice.

Good point Ed, but he did say he turned off the switch. Could be the relay!!!! Spinning the fan may have nothing to do with it starting.

That being said mkr, if it is a goodman i'll say i'm 95% sure its the fan switch. Replace them all the time so I keep three on my truck at all times!!

Thumbs up

I liked all the discussion. My tech is like a friend. Of course, I have to pay for his time and I don't have a problem with it. He would never suggest for unnecessary parts replacement. I know he profits from the parts but it is so reasonable I never had to bargain.

Thumbs down

dexman- what is your rational behind the fan/blower switch being bad? I have tested(with fan switch being ON) the circuit with a tester(60-120 volt, this one is from Wall-mart!!) and the current/electricity is passing through the lines/capacitor. So, I have hard time to accept your answer.

Any explanation would help me to understand your rational. Thanks.

mkr55 if the blower was not running when you got those readings my theory is blown. If you tested a intermittant fan switch while it was running then it could be the switch. Once the blower was running the intermittant problem was hidden but I'm sure you probably knew that. Just a common problem here so I thought I would suggest it. Good luck.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12