Thread: Bard Heat pump

Any one have experience with Bard equiptment?
    I need some information good or bad.
    May have my existing replaced with Bard.
    Wilbo

Bard is to A/C's what Walmart is to home furnishings.
    Cheap!!

My Wal-Mart home furnishings take exception to your derision. LOL!

It's one thing to rip a brand. It's another to quantify one's opinion in objective terms and then offer an alternative solution. Are you up to the challenge gbfromsd or are you just spouting off?

What other names does BARD run under , if any?

Bard is a premium mfr of specialty equipment. They don't make residential splits other than the front discharge A/C, which nobody else makes. They make a lot of wall mount units typical of cell tower buildings. They also make a nice geo. Nothing cheap about them. I know of no other brands they sell under.

Ditto

Originally posted by BaldLoonie
    Bard is a premium mfr of specialty equipment. They don't make residential splits other than the front discharge A/C, which nobody else makes. They make a lot of wall mount units typical of cell tower buildings. They also make a nice geo. Nothing cheap about them. I know of no other brands they sell under.

We use a lot of Bard PTAC in our schools and as Baldloonie states Cell Towers... Bard also make a repalcement uit for Goettle over/under units...

If your needing a over/under repalcement Bard is a good choice!

Am not aware if they have a residential split models availahble or not...

Bard is good eqipment!

Actually found their website at http://www.bardhvac.com

Looks like they do have a residential split... Hmmmm

[Edited by AllTemp on 07-03-2005 at 06:18 PM]
    AllTemp Heating & Cooling

Last I knew this was the only split they had since no one else makes one like it that I know of...

I work on alot of Bard units at cell tower locations they r mostly to cellsites or tailer units at jobsites whats ur question

Bard seems like good equipment, and that said it seems like a pain in the a$$ to work on - possibly the houses it was installed on that are now rental units - they are essentially glorified window units, nothing wrong with that. In my experience the biggest problem is cheap landlords using hacks that "know A/C" to service them. Cleaning of condenser coils which are not observable from the outside (like window units) are the major concern.
    Licensing laws are tough, and it's about time.

I dont know what they produce now but at one time Bard manufactured a full line of equipment..AC, heat pumps, gas and oil furnaces....along with the familiar wall hungs.

When everything went to 10 seer they changed the designs on their residential equipment and at least around here they priced themselves out of our area. The bard equipment I installed years ago was solid equipment whcih lasted...unlike todays junk.

At one time they were the most popular unit in our area...there are still many many of the old 8 seer systems out here still cranking along.

Family owned and operated business that didnt do a lot of national advertising.....hope they are still doing well...

The Bard 2 Ton 13.5 SEER Model PH 1224 is what was recommended, also a close match to my existing duct work. He also mentioned price of unit is a little higher than others he could offer but cost of changing the duct would be more.
    The reason for my question. I don’t really have any knowledge about Bard and did not see anything in the yellow pages about Bard .
    Not sure what I have now the air conditioning still working fine but heat is shot and it is over 25 years old lots of rust. Only thing I see is a model # SF 36-1 stamped on everything else is faded.
    No rush on this unless my existing one dies.
    Thanks to all for the information I do feel more confident now if I do decide to use the Bard,
    Wilbo