Thread: A/C

Post Likes
    Got a problem have a 2ton A/C that froze up I put it in when the weather was cold and my pressures we at like 40 suction and 150. So when it froze up today I ran the fan to melt the ice and then did a superheat and from the chart for a 75 degree outside and a 59 degree wet bulb the superheat should be 16.5 and I was reading 45 so I added some freon my presure then started to raise and my superheat started to go down then all of a sudden the suction presure droped and the superheat rose. and when I put my thermoter inside I was getting teh same temp going out as coming in. Any Ideas what is up.

Post Likes
    What was your subcooling?

Wild guess: You might have some debris floating around and getting stuck in the metering device.

Post Likes
    subcooling -1 if debree is problem should I pump the freon al back check the orifice and add a dryer?

Post Likes
    IF there is debris then of course. But you already knew that... I hope.

Post Likes
    Remove old filter drier, and install new, after removing debree.

Post Likes
    knew would hav to remove debree but did not kno if I wuold need to add a dryer.

Post Likes

its a good...

...practice to change out the filter/drier any time you open the system. If you have debris in the system then the FILTER/drier also has debris.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by 25skeet

Hey skeet, I just did an 8-hour seminar in Great Falls at the Johnstone Supply and I covered just what you need to know. You should have attended.

Do you service gas heating systems? I will be back to do a heating seminar in a few months.

Post Likes
    Where in Great Falls there is not a johnstone supply here only in Billings. How can I get a flyer or something that tells me the time and date.

Originally posted by NormChris
    Originally posted by 25skeet

Hey skeet, I just did an 8-hour seminar in Great Falls at the Johnstone Supply and I covered just what you need to know. You should have attended.

Do you service gas heating systems? I will be back to do a heating seminar in a few months.

Post Likes

Sorry, I meant Missoula. I did held classes in both Missoula and Billings. No exact date set yet for the heating seminar. Check with the Johnstone people in Missoula. They need to give me the date.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in