Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    From what I can see, the W-R 1F95-371 will handle a 2 stage pump and 2 stages of backup. I could be wrong. I have one at the shop, I can play with it Tuesday. I know the 8320 won't stage the backup. You can use the board's timer for that if you want. No arguments that the VP is so much easier to use and the screen is great. But boy, the W-R can do so much. If you want the humidity control, can hook the dehum terminal of the stat to the Amana's board. I seem to remember Robin talking about a W-R stat Amana has out might be worth looking into also.

Two other questions.

I just read the links to W-R and am confused about Y1 and Y2. In the manual it says Y1 for one compressor and Y2 for the second compressor. In this context are they meaning stages? As in first stage is Y1 and second stage is Y2? (that is what I am assuming but want to clarify).

It doesn't seem to me that the W-R is that hard to program (but I have not programmed either one before so experience may prove otherewise).

Second question concerns outside thermostat. The way I understand this is that the VP will lock out the HP when it is too cold outside but the W-R will not?? This alone would lead me to the VP I think.

Thanks again for all the help and to all you U.S. guys..........Happy 4th of July!!!

Originally posted by northof49
    It doesn't seem to me that the W-R is that hard to program (but I have not programmed either one before so experience may prove otherewise).
    Maybe this will help you:

http://www.hotfreshcool.com/visionpro_demo.html

Also, here's the installer documentation for the Vision Pro series:

http://www.hotfreshcool.com/Product/...0(68-0280).pdf

Hope this helps you make a decision. Personally, I'd take the Vision Pro over the W-R product primarily because of the user interface, the temperature control and energy savings afforded by their 'adaptive recovery' algorithm, and the proven track record of Honeywell's thermostat products.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12