Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Glad you were taken care of.Most of us HVAC people just want to do a good job and have happy customers. I will say that I bet his next job with your equipment will go better for him. His techs are now also more able to handle more advanced systems which will give them the balls to sell up to better equipment. I am sure after all you went thru you will be happy. Could you please post a pic so we could look at the lines ect?

I hope you paid the man after what he went thru.
    Aire Serv of SW Connecticut- Gas heat, dual fuel and central a/c systems installed and serviced

I was rereading the origonal post and noticed one more small thing that needs to be done.

You need a jumper between W1 and W2 if you are not going to have more conductors run.
    With the jumper in place the heat will run in low fire for 10 minutes, then go to high fire untill the call for heating is satisfied.
    Without the jumper in place, the furnace will only run in low fire.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Queston, why or what is the sensor for?? Is this a heat pump??

If the sensor is not needed, I'd hook up the W2

Originally posted by mark beiser
    I was rereading the origonal post and noticed one more small thing that needs to be done.

You need a jumper between W1 and W2 if you are not going to have more conductors run.
    With the jumper in place the heat will run in low fire for 10 minutes, then go to high fire untill the call for heating is satisfied.
    Without the jumper in place, the furnace will only run in low fire.
    Thanks for looking out Mark. This was fixed too. They ran a new wire-pair to the senser direct from the stat. This freed up the purple wire to hook up W2. W2 was ran to W2.

Before the tech left, we fired up the furnace using the stat test function and had it run on both stages too.

Originally posted by Freezeking2000
    Glad you were taken care of.Most of us HVAC people just want to do a good job and have happy customers. I will say that I bet his next job with your equipment will go better for him. His techs are now also more able to handle more advanced systems which will give them the balls to sell up to better equipment. I am sure after all you went thru you will be happy. Could you please post a pic so we could look at the lines ect?

I'll see what I can do, it may take a week or so to get some posted but no promises.

I hope you paid the man after what he went thru.
    I think we went through a lot too as home owners. It’s not too much to ask that a job be done correctly and professionally. Yes he was paid and he got free schooling on top that Mark didn't get paid for. Thanks Mark!! Opps, you may be creating competition for yourselves.

Could you please post a pic so we could look at the lines ect?
    I was going on a trip to Florida but was delayed so I thought I would give this a shot. I'm just learning how to do this.

Bare with me if the first few are screwed up.

Heres one more looking away from the furnace:

http://www.imagewiz.net/usr/hvac1/ra...9_P1010005.JPG

Looks like they did good..

How many returns do you have??? Looks like you don't have much..

What size grill is it?

Originally posted by mayguy
    How many returns do you have??? Looks like you don't have much..

What size grill is it?

Thanks May! By return, I assume you mean the cold air returns? If so, I just counted 8 of them total in the house and they all measured approx 15 X 7 inches? What you can't see in the pictures is the main trunk is split into 2 fairly equally sized sections, with one of them going up and behind the furnace to feed a supply and return trunk in the garage ceiling. For what it’s worth, I also have 20 registers of various sizes throughout the house.

FYI, one of the companies I didn't go with measured my cold air return and supply cross sections and said I had plenty for 2,000 CFM. However, keep in mind this guy measured a few rooms and then said my heat gain is 3.5 tons and therefore should go with the 4 ton 16i. I finally went with the 3 ton 16i and glad I did.

Yesterday it reached 92 for a high and was sunny all day here. The A/C ran constantly from about 1PM to late into the evening and from what I could tell only kicked into second (high) stage maybe 3 times for about 15 minutes each time. The set point of 74 was maintained throughout the day with the humidity at 40%. FYI, the calculated heat gain for my 2,000 SF house (living space above grade) only came out to 2.5 tons. My unofficial observation from yesterday, assuming the 1st stage of a 3 ton 16i is approx 2 tons, makes it look like 2.5 tons would of actually been about the right size for single speed A/C.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234