I just saw this extremely cool little set up at home depot. Small bottles of oxygen and mapp gas with with a small tip like on oxy/act set ups. Very small and light weight. Have any of you used this yet? does it get hot enought to braze hvac copper?

does it get hot enought to braze hvac copper?

Mapp gas and ox? oh yea it will get hot enough to braze brass

ya should be hot enough to braze copper, if your not careful it will also get hot enough to melt copper as well.
    "Go big or Go Home"

As soon as you mix oxygen with any other fuel gas you enter the 5500 to 6000 degree plus range of flame temperatures. The oxygen is the key.

I bought one of these sets and it works well. That being said it has a very short bottle life and a small tip. It is nice for replacing LL driers in attics and roof tops due to the small size and light weight.
    Licensing laws are tough, and it's about time.

I have the same torch set and I was able to braze 1-1/4" copper with a 15% rod. It worked pretty well and I liked the size. You will only be able to braze for about 20 minutes until the oxygen bottle runs out.

guess Im going have to remember to take a look at those next time at home depot....might be a good backup in case all bottles run out some day. Like that has never happened lol.