Thread: Thermostat

I have a Lennox heat pump system with a Honeywell 69-1490 thermostat. Is there a way to adjust fan run time after compressor stops? I know my old Heil system fan would run for a couple of minutes after heat cycle shut down, but can that be made to happen in cooling mode on the Lennox?

Originally posted by jmm706
    I have a Lennox heat pump system with a Honeywell 69-1490 thermostat. Is there a way to adjust fan run time after compressor stops?
    It's not a feature of the T8400 series thermostats.

Originally posted by travisfl
    It's not a feature of the T8400 series thermostats.
    I should have also said that there are a number of other good quality thermostats that do support extended fan operation in both heating and cooling. Check out the Honeywell Chronotherm IV or Vision Pro series. Note that the Honeywell professional line thermostats are NOT the same as the ones that you find at big box stores such as Home Depot.

Thanks

I'll look for a one. Of course, today, my heat pump wont even cool to 78 degrees. It's 90 outside. Must have a slow freon leak. It was 94 two weeks ago and it kept a comfortable 76. It's 2 months old. Repair tech on the way.