Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I have to agree with the others who are telling you to look at your ductwork.

Not only are you losing conditioned air but you are gaining unconditioned air as well.

This could be changing the pressures in your house & increasing the amount of infiltration from outside.

Did I read the OP correctly that he only has R-19 blown in his attic?
    Have you set up a Google alert for Carbon Monoxide yet?
    Click here to find out how.

hotinthesouth

While I can be confident that you can't get 65 degrees on a 2000 square foot house with a 3 ton AC, I can't know what size it would take (or if it's even possible). But I'm sure that was a bit of hyperbole on your part. Even 72 is pushing your luck IMO. Plus what size you would need is apparently not relevant. If you really did have no problems maintaining 72 and if you think nothing has changed then there still remains a problem that hasn't been diagnosed.

Still... behavioral and environmental changes shouldn’t be discounted. Did you have a couple of mild summers during those two years? Is this one a lot worse in terms of either temperature or humidity? Do you now run computers all day when perhaps you use to shut them off? Did you chop a tree down that use to provide shade? Any of those things and more can have a big impact. If not- If you're truly convinced that nothing has changed then you still have a problem that hasn't been fixed.

mam123

my coils inside the unit appear to be clean. also someone posted about dirty condenser. wher woul that be located? I am not an hvac guy so I need help locating some of these things. also right now is the hottest part of tghe day in N. Alabama and it is 90 degrees(which it has been hotter)but it is overcast and my unit is fine, blowing out ice cold air but when the sun comes out and it is 90 degrees the temp rises in my home. I thought 90 degrees is 90 degrees, what is up?

thanks.

Hotinthesouth

you replied to irascible saying:

first off, I'm not hijacking anything. I have posted on here before and someone chimed in and said that it was the same problem that someone else had and for me to post under their thread so that is all I am doing.

When one poster asks a question --and others begin to answer that question-----and then someone else asks a question /similar or not--thats called hijacking---because now you have many people replying to two different questions and it gets confusing

also, it would be wise as to who you choose to be rude to . I am surprised to see he responded to your question again , but in this case you are being rude to one of the sharpest people here when it comes to air flow , duct sizing, unit size--

If irascible made a suggestion or offered me advise I would be inclined to listen and listen well

eddyinsouth?
    The way we build has a greater impact on our comfort, energy consumption and IAQ than any HVAC system we install.

http://www.ductstrap.com/

Thanks for the props ct2. Though I'm not sure they're deserved. My incessant blather shouldn't be confused for extensive knowledge.

And my apologies to earthcondition. 50 lashes on my back for indulging his hotness in the hi-jacking.

Re: mam123

Originally posted by hotinthesouth
    my coils inside the unit appear to be clean. also someone posted about dirty condenser. wher woul that be located? I am not an hvac guy so I need help locating some of these things. also right now is the hottest part of tghe day in N. Alabama and it is 90 degrees(which it has been hotter)but it is overcast and my unit is fine, blowing out ice cold air but when the sun comes out and it is 90 degrees the temp rises in my home. I thought 90 degrees is 90 degrees, what is up?

thanks.
    Look at the line set coming out of your evaperator coil. Where does it lead to. typicly the condencer is behind the house. Does the unit blow ice cold air all the time and just not bring the conditioned space down to disired temp, or does it blow warm air on 90* sunny days.

to ct2 and bryancorfu

first off ct2, I wasnt being rude and am greatly appreciative of irascible's advice. he accused me FIRST and then I merely stated that I was only following the directions of someone else that told me to post that way on here. If it bothers you that much there is always the homosexual forum you can go to or anything else that might interest you. Now to bryancorfu, to answer your question, at 90 degress it still blows cool air, it just doesnt bring it down to desired temp.

It sounds like an insulation problem. When the sun is out, it is using your exterior walls,roof,windows,doors,ect. as conductors givig you extra sensible heat. Have you done anything to your home prior to the problem,painting,change color of shingles,cut down shade tree,somthing along those lines.

reply to bryancorfu

about two years ago I did get new shingles but got the same color. I have a brick home but I did get my trim work painted and the problem did seem to start after that but the color of the paint is lighter than what it was. I have had no trees cut down. I have gable vents on each end of the house and two turbine vents. I also last year had 3 pancakes in addition to the others mentioned and they have power vents but are not hooked up. Would these make a significant difference hooked up? I have heard yes and no on this issue.

It wouldnt hurt to hook them up, see if that makes a diffrence. By the sounds of it you already have enough ventilation though. Like other techs stated check all of your duct work. A two degree rise on a 95* day isnt all that uncommen.

looked at thread again where you stated temp. rise. Still even a 3 or 4 degree temp. rise when conditions get in mid 90s and sunny and humid doesnt seem that abnormal to me.

Originally posted by hotinthesouth
    If it bothers you that much there is always the ********** forum you can go to or anything else that might interest you.
    Disagreement is inevitable on a forum like this. But that sort of crap is not. Keep it up. PLEASE keep it up and get yourself banned.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast