Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Help with a wolf gas grill

Wolf Regency RE Series 4 burner

replaced a flame switch on the grill earlier today, began working fine but noticed the spark ignitors always arching.

Called wolf tech support, he said try replacing them, so i did same thing.
    Verified unit is properly grounded it was, checked wiring... good.

any ideas ?

What is the model#?

ahh its wrote down in the truck, its a 48" had the tech email me a wiring diagram

I could help you if I knew what your problem was.

the ignitors are always energized, even with the flame switch closed so the main valves are working, its just a constent "tick" "tick" like 4 times a second, annoying to say the least

Sounds like a bad spark module. When the unit is first plugged in does it automatically start sparking to ignite the pilots?

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroTolerance View Post
    Sounds like a bad spark module. When the unit is first plugged in does it automatically start sparking to ignite the pilots?
    its wired to a toggle switch that when its switched they will start ticking

I believe those ignition modules should cut out based on flame rectification. The flame switch has to make for the main burner valves to open, but the spark should stop as soon as the pilot is lit. Make sure you have a good ground (on pilot and module) a clean pilot assembly, and that the pilot flame is hitting where it is supposed to.

Check pilot flame is covering flame rod, clean flame rod, make sure ceramic insulation of flame rod is not chipped or cracked.

What really erks me the wrong way is when people want solutions to their problems, but never give us the details. The least people could do would be to give us a model number. :/ No offense marter I still love you :P haha

http://www.google.com/m/url?client=m...gMEMolHw169cpA

The one I worked on was a Vulcan... same thing I believe, 4 burners, 2 pilots with mercury switches. Ignitor modules are are more like this:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by cjpwalker; 04-04-2011 at 11:27 PM. Reason: Link had pricing... changed to pic

Ya the actual igniter modules are smaller. I was just giving him a basic trouble shooting guide hoping he could utilize some of its info.

ill be checking on this tomorrow, my first step is going to be looking at the pilot assembly, does anyone know of a way to get to them without too much trouble ?
    im thinking the assembly may not be grounded

Marter!!! Model # please

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast