Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Out of trade school we start our service techs at $18.00 hr, no experience helpers start at $15.00 hr, our highest paid tech makes about $42.00 hr. we are a non union company. I have been in the trade for 40 years and never worked union. I have nothing to say bad about union, its a choice you need to make. Union is good for a lot of reasons, but not for everyone. We stay busy year round. Find a good solid company and keep your mind open to learn, never think you know it all. NO ONE DOSE!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by coolguy-md View Post
    Out of trade school we start our service techs at $18.00 hr, no experience helpers start at $15.00 hr, our highest paid tech makes about $42.00 hr. we are a non union company. I have been in the trade for 40 years and never worked union. I have nothing to say bad about union, its a choice you need to make. Union is good for a lot of reasons, but not for everyone. We stay busy year round. Find a good solid company and keep your mind open to learn, never think you know it all. NO ONE DOSE!!!!!!
    I live in Cecil County Md. Where the heck you work making that money? And can you get me a application?

I will email you.. application is on line, good company. I like it their.

I will email you..
    Thanks!

Around here you start as a helper at 10 bucks an hour, maybe 11 if you already have your EPA. Once you get your own van and start PMs or something like that you are 12-14 and installers a little higher. Techs generally get paid 18+ hourly rate, plus comission depending on the shop

Find a good solid company and keep your mind open to learn, never think you know it all. NO ONE DOSE!!!!!!

I Dose, I dose know everything there is......
    If common sense is so common how come so few of us have it!

wow, we have it great up here in canada. i just became a journeyman early this year, and im on pace to make 100k this year, summer hasnt even come yet! package pay(wage, rrsp, vacation pay, tool allowance) is about 50-52/hr. i couldnt imagine making 12-20/hr like ive been reading. of course the cost of living is cheaper in the usa, but i dont think its THAT much cheaper

edit: i didnt read the original post. helper is $12 to start, after you get endentured as an apprentice(after about a year) you get 18 then a raise($1-2) every 6 months until journeyman.

Around here average would probably be 41-45/hr with benefits for Union, Haven't seen a non-union pay even close to 1/4 that around here. But yet they charge pretty close per hour on the job as most union company's. Sounds like greed to me.... I was making 39.6/hr gross. 24.6/hr on the check at the local refinery here, and the company I worked for only made around 10-15/hr off of me.

Quote Originally Posted by BigRig View Post
    wow, we have it great up here in canada. i just became a journeyman early this year, and im on pace to make 100k this year, summer hasnt even come yet! package pay(wage, rrsp, vacation pay, tool allowance) is about 50-52/hr. i couldnt imagine making 12-20/hr like ive been reading. of course the cost of living is cheaper in the usa, but i dont think its THAT much cheaper

edit: i didnt read the original post. helper is $12 to start, after you get endentured as an apprentice(after about a year) you get 18 then a raise($1-2) every 6 months until journeyman.
    Where are you located in Canada? Just curious...

Quote Originally Posted by rupa104 View Post
    Where are you located in Canada? Just curious...
    vancouver. non union company that matches union.

wow! pretty good for a right to work state.

i know guys in Lawrence and Topeka that I think are in your local???

they only make like $32 an hour on the check, maybe $36 I cant remember?

Quote Originally Posted by Greend88 View Post
    Around here average would probably be 41-45/hr with benefits for Union, Haven't seen a non-union pay even close to 1/4 that around here. But yet they charge pretty close per hour on the job as most union company's. Sounds like greed to me.... I was making 39.6/hr gross. 24.6/hr on the check at the local refinery here, and the company I worked for only made around 10-15/hr off of me.
    I WILL SELL WORK,GENERATE BUSINESS, GO GET NEW CUSTOMERS!
    YOU SHUT THE HELL UP AND QUIT RUNNING YOUR MOUTH!

About $32 hr on check for journeyman at industrial scale. add bout $15 hr for benefits.

I got it!

that was what i was told.

I wonder how this kid eric is doing at his new job??
    he has not posted?

Quote Originally Posted by Greend88 View Post
    About $32 hr on check for journeyman at industrial scale. add bout $15 hr for benefits.
    I WILL SELL WORK,GENERATE BUSINESS, GO GET NEW CUSTOMERS!
    YOU SHUT THE HELL UP AND QUIT RUNNING YOUR MOUTH!

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast