Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TXV

Hmm

Does a TXV bulb need to be insulated if it is inside the plenum on the outlet of the evaporator?? I have a new replacement that has low cooling and the unit runs all the time. I spoke of this unit in a post earlier today but didn,t get but 1 reply...lol. If I add r22 to system or take it out my suction pressure stays at 75 pounds. Could the problem be that the bulb is not insulated, it came from the factory like that, should it be insulated?? This is a Tempstar coil.

Yes

final answer

No!
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Inside the plentum or inside the coil case? inside the coil case I would say no.
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

it was not a cased coil. sheet metal was built around the coil, thats what i call the plenum, am i incorrect?????

inside the plenum or inside the coil case what is the difference, because i don't understand

Originally posted by joe2003
    it was not a cased coil. sheet metal was built around the coil, thats what i call the plenum, am i incorrect?????
    Plentum coil I am guessing, but my answer is still no, outside the box yes definitely.

inside the plenum or inside the coil case what is the difference, because i don't understand
    I did not understand either what you were talking about now were on the same page I do, answer is still no.

then why does my suction pressure never move, do u think the the TXV could be stuck open and refrigerant is free flowing through coil??

Give more info, and you might get answers to what is wrong with your system.

First what is the complaint.

Next, indoor wb, and out dorr db.

Suction pressure and suction line temp.

liquid line pressure and temp.

And coil delta.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

then why does my suction pressure never move, do u think the the TXV could be stuck open and refrigerant is free flowing through coil??
    If it was stuck open the suction would move for sure, a TXV will keep the pressures more in line so it's not unusual your suction is not just jumping up and down by adding or removing a little freon.

Originally posted by beenthere
    Give more info, and you might get answers to what is wrong with your system.

First what is the complaint.

Next, indoor wb, and out dorr db.

Suction pressure and suction line temp.

liquid line pressure and temp.

And

coil delta.
    go to my earlier post to get that info, thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast