heat tape - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: heat tape

My condensor fan went out and the stupid contractor wanted $300 bucks to replace it. I took it out and put my lawn sprinkler in it's place. I fixed it.

Start saving now for the new - non warranted - condensing unit that you are going to be getting off of ebay.
    Licensing laws are tough, and it's about time.

OK. I'll bite.

Here's the problem with that scenario not-so-prodiyer. You said that the AC wasn't working. And now supposedly it is with your fix. But what you did only protects the compressor. Literally nothing will have changed in how the unit is cooling the air. If it really did stop working then something else was done to make it work that you haven't mentioned yet.

so he has a flooded evaporator, what happens if heat tape fails

Oh yea I forgot! I had to use channel locks on the small line in the attic and crimp it a little. It took awile to get it close, thats why I added the heat tape just in case its not perfect, I wont damage the compressor. None of this matters its working better than ever so I did fix it.

oh boy

Pfft. I'm going back to the assumption that this is a joke. James started a bogus thread not so long ago under his real name. This must be his alter ego.

Smile

prodiyer

Oh yea I forgot! I had to use channel locks on the small line in the attic and crimp it a little. It took awile to get it close, thats why I added the heat tape just in case its not perfect, I wont damage the compressor. None of this matters its working better than ever so I did fix it.

I am supprised he didn't try using duct tape also. Hey here is another thought for you if the heat tape fails. Wire the furnace to come on with the air conditioner so the suction line won't be so cold.

This guy isnt real.

Nice try though-Ha!

ProDIY?

I better start a list ......I never had thought of all of easy fixes for these problems. I have no idea why all of these kids are going to school today to learn the right way to do things when there are so many shorcuts that work ,kinda work, well maybe not really work, dont work at all but sound good, dont work at all and sound stupid. What the heck at least it gives us something to laugh about.

Thumbs up

Ya Buddy, don,t let any of these experienced mechanics discourage you. Looks like u are pioneering new ways of fixing A/c units. We,re waiting for your service guide to come out.

prodiyer's grammer is just like Dice's.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
    We've been doing so much,for so long,with so little, that now we can do almost anything, with nothing at all.

I didn't know grunts, snorts and incorrectly spelled one word sentences counted as grammar.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast