Thread: Where is the Air Filter in My CA/heat system?!

Post Likes

Unhappy

I recently bought a new (to me!) home, and it has a 1983 Ruud central air/heating system that still works. Where is the air filter? I have checked in the furnace/waterheater closet, but have yet to see it. Do I have to take the thing apart to find it, and if so, how? Please advise. Also, please don't comment on my ignorance for such things...I have never had a central air system that is so old and I can't afford to break it just now. Thank you

Post Likes
    it should be in the return air part of your system. either a filter grille on the wall or possibly where your return duct connects to your furnace/airhandler. maybe post some pics or ask a neighbor. hard to be exact from my couch.
    FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE!!

Post Likes
    look for a grill in the celing of a hallway with two thumb screws or spring clips

or

look at your furnace - it will be at one of the ends of the furnace

or wherever your returns are

Post Likes
    fordellcastle - as much as we preach to people about changeing the filter i doubt anyone will give you a hard time - as far as I am concerned your all right - makes our lives easier - getting called out to a house in middle of the night to find the air filter was plugged and have them try to stiff you on the bill aint fun. Good luck and ask away!!!

Post Likes
    Thank you all-I found it and changed it. It still isn't cooling like it should, though. I will call a pro tomorrow-and pay him, too!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in