Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1


    I recently bought a new (to me!) home, and it has a 1983 Ruud central air/heating system that still works. Where is the air filter? I have checked in the furnace/waterheater closet, but have yet to see it. Do I have to take the thing apart to find it, and if so, how? Please advise. Also, please don't comment on my ignorance for such things...I have never had a central air system that is so old and I can't afford to break it just now. Thank you

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    chicago suburbs
    it should be in the return air part of your system. either a filter grille on the wall or possibly where your return duct connects to your furnace/airhandler. maybe post some pics or ask a neighbor. hard to be exact from my couch.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    look for a grill in the celing of a hallway with two thumb screws or spring clips


    look at your furnace - it will be at one of the ends of the furnace

    or wherever your returns are

  4. #4
    fordellcastle - as much as we preach to people about changeing the filter i doubt anyone will give you a hard time - as far as I am concerned your all right - makes our lives easier - getting called out to a house in middle of the night to find the air filter was plugged and have them try to stiff you on the bill aint fun. Good luck and ask away!!!

  5. #5
    Thank you all-I found it and changed it. It still isn't cooling like it should, though. I will call a pro tomorrow-and pay him, too!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event