Thread: York or Am Std

Question

I know, I know, it's all about your opinion, but I'd rather get yours than the sales reps I had out. Narrowed down to two firms, reputible, known - not about cheapest price. Systems seem to be apples to apples, very std or mid-line 80+% GFA, single stage furnace, 10-11 SEER freon a/c, 2.5T, not the high-end PURON, etc.
    Compelte sys replacemnt for very old equpt.
    within 100 of each, but York rep's warrantee is a tad bit better.
    Any ideas to help me get the scales tipped one way or the other?
    Thx

Which York outdoor unit? The Stellar is a quieter, better built unit than the Olympian.

Which A-S outdoor unit? The Allegiance has a better warranty and nicer cabinet than the Ameristar. Neither is quiet.

Whichever dealer you like best. Both brands are OK if installed properly.

A/S
    "And remember my sentimental friend......that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others" - Wizard of Oz.

The Am Std is the Freedom 80 furnace, and the Allegiance a/c; the York is ac H2RA030S06 ; furnace is GY8S080A12UH11; don't know what model that is?

I sell both Trane and York and I would have to pick the Trane. I don't understand the York having a better warranty since it is the cheaper line.

From my experience selling both brands I would say York has reliability issues. (At least in my area). I must say recently I installed the latest model and improvements were made.
    440 volt capacitors and an accumulation tank help with the reliability issues.

The H2 I believe is the Olympian series. Decent unit

American Standard is well made equipment, but who is installing it is the question.

Both are queit

"Football Season again finally"