Thread: beef briket

beef briket

first time cookn brisket, been in crock pot for 6 hours .how do you know when its done?

brisket

Brisket is done when it's tender.....not done by temp or time.
    Some Talk, Some Do
    "keeping condensing pressures low and evaporator pressures high"
    "Some customers are more interested in comfort than energy savings"
    Blog
    Web
    Facebook

good to know,thnx

hey guys, i hate to hijack this thread but....... their is a bbq resturant in town that serves bbq beef brisquit that is very good. i googled some recipes but do you guys have an opinion?

also its a long story but i am cooking more, but am basically cooking illiterate. is this safe to try as a beginer?

thanks in advance for any info

jeep

My Opinion ... Brisket gotta cook Low-N-Slow (Smoker)

If your cooking in a crock pot your cooking a roast. If it we're on a smoker I would say 185-190. Some people say 1.5 hours per pound.

Ya need this stuff here when it is in a crock pot http://www.superiortouch.com/retail/...-than-bouillon and a touch of http://store.weber.com/items/?pid=1205 and some veggies, set that baby to low and wait about 8 hours for the meat to just fall apart

If you're to lazy to cook and you're close to Des Moines (Iowa) try the
    "Flying Mango" restaurant.

Excellent BBQ (and food in general) and atmosphere, not the normal BBQ place one thinks of.

Just did a brisket a few weeks ago. The recipe was for kinda of a pulled pork sort of thing. You know, cook for hours until it pulls apart with a fork and then wrap in tortillas with all the yummy fix-ens. When done I sat there and looked at all that yummy juice in the bottom of the crock and just could not let it to waste. Took some minute rice and threw it in the crock to soak up all that juice and used as filler material for the burritos....oh so good!
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

the brisket i cooked saturday came out pretty good, it was tender and juicy.the wife was impressed, because we have never used a crock. come to think about it gowing up mom never did .cant wait for next meal.