Thread: new A/C installed not cooling properly.

Post Likes
    some body installed a new ac at my friends home. he says not cooling and air flow is less. one of my friend is hvac tecnician he checked . he said furnace is lowboy and motor is with less airthrough.he has to change the motor to increase airflow or replace with high effiency furnace.can anybody advice with your experience.what to do. thanx.

Post Likes
    Could be a dirty blower wheel, dirty filter, combination of the two, or may need to adjust the sheaves to get enough air. A new motor most likely won't give you any extra air flow unless the rpm is higher than the old one. If it is a direct drive, is it on high speed for cooling?
    Wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.

In your darkest hour, when the demons come, call on me brother and we shall fight them together.

A Veteran is a person, who at some point in their life, wrote a blank check payable to the United States of America for payment up to and including their life.
    Gene Castagnetti-Director of the National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific in Hawaii

Post Likes

thanx

Originally posted by doc havoc
    Could be a dirty blower wheel, dirty filter, combination of the two, or may need to adjust the sheaves to get enough air. A new motor most likely won't give you any extra air flow unless the rpm is higher than the old one. If it is a direct drive, is it on high speed for cooling?

thanx for ur kind reply i realy appriciate.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Post Likes
    Likely they didn't change the indoor coil,and it very dirty.

It should be changed to match the new unit,but cleaning will help.

If the A/C was added to a system that never had A/C ,the old furnace may not have a fan that will handle the additional restriction of an A/C coil,best to get the proper furnace in that case.

The ducts could be to small for the air flow required for A/C.

Lots of things could be ,call a Pro to find out.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in