Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Houston: 3.5 tons for 5,200 sq ft house?

Post Likes
    Originally posted by dash
    As I recall ,your Infinity Furnace,is not "todays version,is that correct,or do have an Infinity Controller??
    It's an older Infinity VS furnace with a newer Perfect Comfort Honeywell t-stat, 24"X24"X4" merv 12 air filter. A/c air flow maintains a <40^F coil. Operate a Santa Fe RX 90 pint dehumidifier in the basement. Operate the fan in "on" mode to mix finished basement with ranch. 74-75^F, 45%-50%RH throughout regardless weather. I have data logged the house in various operating modes like "auto mode" and various outdoor temps/%RHs. This is most comfortable and uniform but the dehu operates more because of re-evap of moisture on coil during low a/c loads. I feel that the basement has a cooling effect on the home decreasing the a/c operation. I consider "on" fan/supplemental dehumidification deluxe for internal uniform temp/%RH. Suggestions, disscusion, or critisim welcome. TB

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Post Likes
    Sizing for peak load ,will likely oversize every time,then you will need a dehumidifier.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in