Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910
    I don't disagree with the concept.

Just the way youo give it for the answer to every thing.

I do believe they will be very common in homes in the not so distant furture.

Just the same as VS blowers are more the norm then the exception today.

I haven't put a whole house dehimidifier in yet, will some day, and then my opion might change more towards yours, but till then.

Have a happy and safe 4th of July everyone!
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Originally posted by beenthere
    Teddy, my point is that your answer to everybody is a whole house dehumidifier.

In one post, the guy has 2 new systems over sized for his house by perhaps more then a ton, and your answer is install a whole house dehumidifier.

Shouldn't the answer be, have the contractor install the correct size units?

Not put a band-aid on it.
    You are right! Before installing a whole house dehu, size the a/c to handle peak load. Close sizing means less supplemental dehu needed. Extra capacity for parties or set-up t-stat for rapid cool down means more supplemental dehu, but let the customer deside. Next eliminate as much duct leakage as possible. Lastly, set the air flow volume for proper coil temp to remove as much moisture as reasonable for good distribution, without making the ducts sweat or freezing the coil. The colder the coil the lower the SEER. This setup on good a/c installation should provide <50%RH on a hot day. Now if concerned about fresh air ventilation, maintaining <50%RH for ideal comfort, minimizing cooling cost with no a/c when unoccupied, and avoiding mold/dust mites, during the low/no cooling load time, supplement with a whole house dehumidifier.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    As I recall ,your Infinity Furnace,is not "todays version,is that correct,or do have an Infinity Controller??

Originally posted by dash
    As I recall ,your Infinity Furnace,is not "todays version,is that correct,or do have an Infinity Controller??
    It's an older Infinity VS furnace with a newer Perfect Comfort Honeywell t-stat, 24"X24"X4" merv 12 air filter. A/c air flow maintains a <40^F coil. Operate a Santa Fe RX 90 pint dehumidifier in the basement. Operate the fan in "on" mode to mix finished basement with ranch. 74-75^F, 45%-50%RH throughout regardless weather. I have data logged the house in various operating modes like "auto mode" and various outdoor temps/%RHs. This is most comfortable and uniform but the dehu operates more because of re-evap of moisture on coil during low a/c loads. I feel that the basement has a cooling effect on the home decreasing the a/c operation. I consider "on" fan/supplemental dehumidification deluxe for internal uniform temp/%RH. Suggestions, disscusion, or critisim welcome. TB

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Sizing for peak load ,will likely oversize every time,then you will need a dehumidifier.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910