I have a 3 ton A/C system. At the far ends of the house it does not give real good air flow. It has dip switches for setting the air flow. Can I set the switches from 1200 CFM to say 1600 CFM to get better air flow? Will the system run? Will it harm it?

Mike

you could do that but I would clean the IDB blower assy first and make sure there were no other ristrictions in the air flow system
    Never Say Die
    Kemp

This is a ductwork problem. Leave the airflow settings alone. Ask your installing contractor to come out and balance the system.

Wyounger

Should I call him and tell him that his ductwork seems to be wrong as I get different flows from different vents?

Is he going to be offended?

Mike

If the rooms aren't cooling, call and inform him, and ask him to send some one out to check, and fix the problem.

Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Infinity doesn't use dip switches.Do you have an Infinity stat/controller?

If it's a variable speed indoor fan,leave it set for 3 tons.

What model numbers?

How did the old system work regarding air flow??

This is the only system as the house is only a couple of years old. I know the furnace is a 58MVP but not sure of the air conditioner model. The label on the furnace cover says Carrier Infinity weathermaker plus or something along those lines. It does contain 2 sets of dip switches. 1 for heating that are set to all zeros for variable speed blower. The second set is for air condtioning and the book gives the settings for different tonages. I set the furnace to a constant speed blower for 4 tons when I had an outdoor wood furnace installed with a 4 ton hot water coil. If I want to go back to using the furnace as a gas furnace I would reset those dipswitches on the heating side. the unit seemed to do a good job yesterday when it was 90 and very high humidity. I had the thermostat set to 72 and it got up to about 74 around 5o which is the hottest part of the day relative to house temp. It had it back down to 72 by about 9:00. So, I was happy with that performance.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Without an Infinty Stat/controller on the wall,the dip switches are the way to control the fan.If it's has the controller,then it handles it.