Has anyone encountered a very short (5-10 seconds) start and stop cycle with the Honeywell TH8320 VisionPro thermostat when it changes from one schedule to another? A couple of days ago my A/C started up and ran for maybe 10 seconds when the thermostat changed from the "Wake" schedule/setting to "Leave", where the set temperature went up by a couple of degrees.

Heres my setup for cooling: 6AM 74 degrees (Wake), 8AM 76 degrees (Leave)

At 7:59 AM the indoor temp showed 74, with the "Set to" indicating 74 as well. The thermostat clicked and the A/C started up. Not 10 seconds later, the clock on the 'stat switched to 8:00 AM, and the "Set to" now displayed 76, and the thermostat clicked off the A/C.

I dropped a line to Honeywell asking for their thoughts, and I was told to check the cycle rate. The thermostat is set to 3cph, the default, and Im running a single stage A/C and furnace. To be honest, I dont think I got my point across to the folks at Honeywell describing my issue, based on the response I received.

Ive only had the short cycle happen once with the A/C, and I did have it occur a couple of times with the furnace starting up, running for maybe 20 seconds, and shutting down due to a schedule change. Its more of random chance where there is a call for cooling (or heating) right at the time of the schedule change, but I dont think it is right. My last thermostat, a real oddball Johnson Controls programmable would run one cycle if it started right before the schedule change.

Thanks in advance,
Bob