Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

TrueSteam cracked opened

Anyone ever had this kind of problem on a TrueSteam Humidifier on the same day 2 of them cracked open in the same house i changed them both everything was fine t'il 6 months later 1 of them had micro fissures and water seeping through.

everything is normal when it's operating axccept there was a lot of calcium the first time i changed them?

this is photographs took on the first intervention 6 of 7 months ago

Yup, also had two in the same home.
    Make your expertise uniquely valuable.

Make your influence uniquely far-reaching.

That looks like a design flaw to me. What does Honeywell have to say about it?

sorry, a materials flaw

wow havent seen that yet. thank the bosses we dont sell these. BUT every one ive ever seen ive had to fix for customers.

Honneywell Response

Honneywell Rep said i was the only case they have seen

We have selling them too

We have stop selling them too

Quote Originally Posted by kmankess View Post
    We have stop selling them too
    glad we never started.....

Honneywell Rep said i was the only case they have seen
    BS Have him give me a call!
    Make your expertise uniquely valuable.

Make your influence uniquely far-reaching.

Wow, what's in the water? Those cracks remind of what POE oil does to condensate drain lines. Makes it brittle & very weak.

I've seen just about every other problem with those humidiifiers though, but never had a tank crack open. I've seen bad elements, relays, temp sensors, control boards. To every problem I mentioned there's only one remedy, replace the unit... Hmmm nothing but a throw away.

Could the ph of the water have anything to do with it???? Heck if I know, just throwing it out there.

My original Hypothesis

My original Hypothesis was a quick temperature change that caused the tank to crack because the client had said that he hadn't started heating that part of the house. Room temperature was something like 54F so I changed the tanks questioned Honeywell that didn't help so I let it be. But one of it cracked again 6 month later and for sure there was no temperature swing at that time. so my Hypothesis doesn't hold anymore.

and those 2 units were changed from the original installation because of a opened resistor heater not a changeable part and the other don't even remember why it was changed and that's not counting a bad solenoid valve in between failures.

My original Hypothesis was a quick temperature change that caused the tank to crack because the client had said that he hadn't started heating that part of the house. Room temperature was something like 54F so I changed the tanks questioned Honeywell that didn't help so I let it be. But one of it cracked again 6 month later and for sure there was no temperature swing at that time. so my Hypothesis doesn't hold anymore.

and those 2 units were changed from the original installation because of a opened resistor heater not a changeable part and the other don't even remember why it was changed and that's not counting a bad solenoid valve in between failures.
    HaHA! There are no changeable parts on those things!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast