New condenser but suction line showing correct charge but not sweating. liquid line very hot. Something i'm overlooking here i'm sure. Please help someone.

If liquid line is hot, then yu have excessive head pressures, which are driving up the suction pressure making the suction look right. Clean condenser, check fan motor operation, fan blades, etc.
    When high pressure eliminated yu will probably find low refrigerant level.

Northstar - I don't want to sound harsh but -
    What are the system pressures as well at SH & SC? Without more info we are guessing and so are you.

Just how many times has that question been asked on here???????????????
    I'm only working because it's not duck season!!!!!!!!!!

Dear Northstar,

First and foremost, let me take this opportunity to welcome you to this forum of your peers and colleagues, should you be in this trade my friend.

Second, in order to aid you in your current posted problem, could you give us a brief description of your specific HVAC/R schooling, training, and field experience. This will allow us to answer your questions, and make our comments at your level, rather than below, or above your level.

Thirdly, as our colleague DaleP has previously posted, we will need all the operating conditions of this system to determine what problem or problems, if any this system may have. The following listed readings should be posted at this thread along with your personal work information to get started friend:

Make and model number of this system:
    Discharge pressure:
    Liquid pressure:
    Suction pressure:
    Discharge line temperature:
    Liquid line temperature:
    Suction line temperature:
    Ambient dry and wet bulb temperatures:
    Compressor FLA:
    Compressor actual amp draw:
    Return dry bulb temperature:
    Supply dry bulb temperature:

Although these might not be all the operating readings that may need to be obtained from this system, they will at least point us in the right direction regarding your specific problem my friend.

We all here look forward to your next post……….

Respectfully Submitted,
    John J. Dalton

Did you see any smoke? Did you hear smoke?

Originally posted by northstar
    New condenser but suction line showing correct charge but not sweating. liquid line very hot. Something i'm overlooking here i'm sure. Please help someone.

You may find a restriction at your metering device, low or restricted air flow across the evap coil. could be overcharged a bit...

I understand you joined this site 2.5 years ago but can you give us more detail so we can help you further?

Originally posted by indian
    Did you see any smoke? Did you hear smoke?
    Ha Ha !!

if you check every thing and it is right then what is the humidity? if the dew point is say 50 degrees it very well not be sweating.