Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: diagnosis

Post Likes
    if i have a out side temp of 101 and a high head pressure. Can the system still be low on freon.
    capp tube A coil and its clean.

thanks

Post Likes
    Originally posted by hellobishop
    if i have a out side temp of 101 and a high head pressure. Can the system still be low on freon.
    thanks
    Lots more info needed, probably only a palm reader could tell you with that info.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards" ~ Vernon Law

"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts." ~ John Wooden

"When the teachers become unteachable we're all in trouble" ~ Mr. Bill

"Remember "Pro" is only a name, it's not always a mindset determined to do everything correctly" ~ Mr. Bill

Post Likes
    what more info do you need?

Senior Tech Guest
    Calling Cleo....standby.

Post Likes
    Well, IDB, IWB, AMB, SLP, LLP, ST, LT, SH, SC, CT, CO... would be some of them...

If you don't know what 'ANY' of these are... It's time to call an HVAC company to have your system checked and evaluated for any problems!

Post Likes

your funny

Well, IDB, IWB, AMB, SLP, LLP, ST, LT, SH, SC, CT, CO... would be some of them...

Indoor dry bulb, indoor wet bulb, suction line pressure,liquid line pressure
    suction temp, liquid temp, super heat , sub cooling,
    condenser temp,
    co hmmmm....im going to go with colorado

Post Likes
    I take that, as you do not have the means to collect this data so you can recieve a professional answer.

Till then, there is no way of knowing JACK!

Post Likes

what specifically do you take to mean that I have know way of collecting the data.

Post Likes

thanks

Sure can.....but first you have to find out the high head pressure prob...bad fan,dirty condenser,partial restriction,etc. why don't you post those numbers if you do have the means.
    If everything was always done "by the book"....the book would never change.

Post Likes

what specifically do you take to mean that I have know way of collecting the data.
    i would think that if you was in the field you would be able to get the readings and if not then its not for diy's

fill out you profile and get the readings and you could get some help to your problem

Post Likes
    Well, I mean just what I said. You know what most of the 'initials' stood for... so, if you have the means to collect the data you would have posted it!

Beings you didn't, I take that to mean you are a regular homeowner wanting free advice/help... which IS NOT what this site if for! (especially when it pertains to EPA regulated substainces... are you certified?)

BTW, I seen you skipped AMB (AT), CO (COT/STAC) was wrong... (wanta try again?)

Post Likes
    jultzya

Bishop went to the DIY site to ask them what all of those abrev meant,

If he knew what they ment then he would have known enough about a system to know that his question couldnt be answered on the info he gave

what I would like to know is how he knows he has "high head pressure" because outside temp is 101 degrees?

Post Likes
    Have you checked the KB (Klackenbocker) orientation, it is critical, it must be oriented true north not magnetic!

Post Likes
    How did smokin68 give me an answer? then are you telling me he's full of it?
    If you will read my post. and then read smokin68 post you will see that he is the only one that responded in kind. (meaning answered with the info i did give)Then he went through the list of info i deleted from my post. There can only be two reasons for not posting all the data. One I don't have it. two I deleted it on purpose. You have chosen number one because of your arrogance not because only a palm reader can tell me.

If you would have just asked for the info you wanted I can give it to you. instead your ambiguous asking about "abrev". I took you question to mean that you wanted to see if I new what the abrev meant.
    I neatly fell for your trap with my answer. because it ambiguous you have a way out. you are know telling me with a lot of presupposition that this means that and that means this. Save the csyco babble for someone else. Instead of just proving how smart you are. You want respect that you have not earned.

Do you people always treat other human beings with such presuppositions and sarcasm?

I gave you the amb in my first post.

""If he knew what they ment then he would have known enough about a system to know that his question couldnt be answered on the info he gave ""

More posturing bs why would you even waste your heart beats telling me that...it goes much deeper. if I know what they are I already have the answer.
    Which is why I deleted them from my post.
    You problem is you cant figure out why I am even asking then.

I am a new service tech I can do the "math" in my sleep. I am having trouble visualizing inside the system. I am just trying to take what I have in my brain and make a picture.
    I dont know you and I asked the best way I could to verify my experience without giving you the math answer.
    I am here because I know u have something I don't "a lot of experience." I don't want a math answer i want an experience answer. I didnt not ask if the system was low i ask if it was possible and.

I read the posting rules before I signed up.
    Please be polite and helpful in your replies and feel free to seek help without fear of undue criticism.

Please read through the following rules and instructions.

Who Is Welcome Here?

Anyone in the HVAC industry and home or building owners with HVAC/R concerns and other polite and fun people that are willing to contribute.

Feel free to ask any question relating to HVAC, or other topics of general interest.

At the same time, be polite and respectful in your answers. We welcome questions so please don't be critical of someone's question, or other member's answers.

Any reply that we feel violates this rule will be edited or deleted.

All members must treat other members with respect. Anyone who posts defamatory, insulting or otherwise disrespectful comments towards others in the HVAC industry will find their posts deleted and possibly their posting privileges suspended or revoked.

Any member that becomes belligerent, argumentative, posts smart-ass comments or requires too much attention of the moderators will lose their posting privileges.

These rules are relaxed in the "America, Religion, Politics" section but are strictly enforced in all other sections.

Note that while all are welcome, our primary interest is in serving the HVAC Pro.

HVAC Pros, please note; home owners are welcome to ask questions here, if you do not wish to be helpful that is fine but do not intimidate, obstruct or criticize those that wish to be more helpful than you. If you do not like a particular thread or topic, do not reply.

I tried to bypass your arrogance and sarcasm with humor. What a fool I was. The only thing you guys have taught me is.
    I don't want to be mentored by you guys anymore.

Post Likes
    If you want to hear its undercharged then its undercharged, gas it up, and add a little extra for good measure.

we certainly cannot visualize the system either without knowing superheat and subcooling. These numbers, call them math or anything else tell us whether the coil is flooded, starved or loaded. There is nothing wrong with anyone asking for more information.

Since the numbers are secret, you can maybe tell us if the indoor coil is flooded or starved or loaded, then tell us whether the outdoor coil is flooded, starved or proper. Then with a few temps we can determine if the system is low, overcharged, low load, high load, or if there might be a restriction. By the way the math works, its required to "see inside a system" unless the tubes and coils are see through.

It could be low yes, but that is one of maybe several possible problems.

Experience is rarely used properly to answer an ambiguous question because the experienced tech will know the answer has a good chance of being incorrect and his reputation suffers when someone blames him for getting it wrong.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by docholiday
    Experience is rarely used properly to answer an ambiguous question because the experienced tech will know the answer has a good chance of being incorrect and his reputation suffers when someone blames him for getting it wrong.
    And a big "DITTO" on that.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards" ~ Vernon Law

"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts." ~ John Wooden

"When the teachers become unteachable we're all in trouble" ~ Mr. Bill

"Remember "Pro" is only a name, it's not always a mindset determined to do everything correctly" ~ Mr. Bill

Post Likes
    How did smokin68 give me an answer? then are you telling me he's full of it?
    No. I'm telling you, that you ARE full of it!

If you will read my post. and then read smokin68 post you will see that he is the only one that responded in kind.
    And I answered your question to 'bill' in a nice way! <--did you miss the smiley?

(meaning answered with the info i did give)Then he went through the list of info i deleted from my post.
    There is no edited post by you! (so where is all this missing data you are talking about?) If, you wanted help, you would have posted it! But, since you can't... you might as well ask the wall you are standing by for the answer!

There can only be two reasons for not posting all the data. One I don't have it. two I deleted it on purpose.
    Picked number one, cause you chose NOT to post it when asked for it!

If you would have just asked for the info you wanted I can give it to you. instead your ambiguous asking about "abrev". I took you question to mean that you wanted to see if I new what the abrev meant.
    Which you chose NOT to post it, so you could get an educated answer! To bad for you!

I neatly fell for your trap with my answer. because it ambiguous you have a way out. you are know telling me with a lot of presupposition that this means that and that means this. Save the csyco babble for someone else. Instead of just proving how smart you are. You want respect that you have not earned.
    First, you failed to list the system parameters. Second, you have NOT 'earned respect' from me... so you can forget getting an answer from me now! (works both ways!)

Do you people always treat other human beings with such presuppositions and sarcasm?
    When they can't answer questions that I ask of them and act to play the role of a professional... YES! Is this a problem for you?

""If he knew what they ment then he would have known enough about a system to know that his question couldnt be answered on the info he gave ""
    More FACTS that you seem NOT to understand!

More posturing bs why would you even waste your heart beats telling me that...it goes much deeper. if I know what they are I already have the answer.
    Not hardly, there was a guy over in the 'pro's forum' that had all the info and missed the problem with the system... Unlike you, he asked with ALL the data and received MANY replies from PROFESSIONALS offering HELP!

Which is why I deleted them from my post.
    I see NO 'deleted' or 'edited' post!

I am a new service tech I can do the "math" in my sleep. I am having trouble visualizing inside the system.
    Or understanding that we need more information to offer you an educated answer! You also seem to be so smart that you think nobody can help you! To bad, cause that is when the learning is over!

I dont know you and I asked the best way I could to verify my experience without giving you the math answer.
    I am here because I know u have something I don't "a lot of experience." I don't want a math answer i want an experience answer. I didnt not ask if the system was low i ask if it was possible and.
    No math, but when asked for it 'specifically' you refuse to offer the information that we need! I also have 'experience' in sniffing out BS! Which is all this thread has turned out to be!

You want an experienced answer... HIRE a real tech to come out and diagnose/repair your system. As it's over your head. Ask them questions if you fell they worthy of a quality answer!

Till then... ANYTHING is POSSIBLE!

Good luck, getting your answer. Now that you have insulted almost everybody that tried/offered to help you!

Post Likes
    i think someone owes everyone here a big i am SORRY FOR BEING AND DUMBASS

Post Likes
    am a new service tech I can do the "math" in my sleep. I am having trouble visualizing inside the system. I am just trying to take what I have in my brain and make a picture.

you are a new tech are you .

having trouble visulalizing? well visualize this

you dont know as much as you think you do and for a new tech you will do much better keeping your eyes and your ears open and your mouth shut because you dont have the skills needed to ask someone for assistance

Post Likes
    hellobishop
    Just a little side bar note the people here are some of the smartest and the most helpful people I have ever met

however if you come in here with that huge chip on your shoulder and act like an @$$, then lie about things that are very easily identified as a lie you will have a hard time for a long time getting help here

You should truly apologize

And next time explain yourself and if you don’t know how to get the readings you were asked for then ask how to get them

If you do not feel you should have to give measurements then why do you feel that anyone should help you?

How would anyone know you are a tech you did not fill out your profile

if you stick around here you will learn more than you even think you need to know
    but as noted above good luck if you dont loose that chip

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in