Thread: Right next door

Post Likes
    My neighbor asked me to install her a new unit being the one she has now is like 20 years old, she wants both inside and outside changed out.
    My questions is should I do the job for her or ask her to hire some one else, she's a real good neighbor as it stands now.
    I told her I would have to do it on a weekend due to my reg. job.

Post Likes
    i do work for my neighbors but remember they can be the worst customers you have
    if their is a problem she will be at you door wanting it fixed right now

as long as there are no problems she will sing your praises forever but the what if factor may be something to think about if your schedule prohibits you from being able to fix it quickly if it does break

Post Likes
    if it where me I would not do it for a neighbor, everytime they have a problem with it they will call u.
    if lawn guy cuts 24 volt wire if thunderstorm knocks out fuses or contactor.
    u will be trying to hide from your neighbors to go to work
    is it really worth it.
    I would shake em off my pant leg in a nice way.
    unless your thinking of marrying her and the a/c unit u install.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by hiltontech
    Why not have her call your company and schedule it like any other customer installation?

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Post Likes
    Originally posted by travisfl
    Originally posted by hiltontech
    Why not have her call your company and schedule it like any other customer installation?

Check out his scrren name ,I believe he works for a Hilton,not a contractor.

What about permits,license,insurance ,etc..

Post Likes
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by dash
    I believe he works for a Hilton,not a contractor.
    I'd avoid doing something for pay outside my $DAYJOB...too much potential for trouble, no significant upside.

Post Likes
    Big h you are fixin to get into a mess, even if you research and put in the best most professional system in the country and do it for 1/2 price their will be problems. The only way I ever do anything AC wise for neighbors is for FREE and then with the understanding that it has a 100% Texas Warranty (if it breaks into two pieces both pieces are still yours) they have been known to make a donation or two but I have never charged any of them a thin dime. Dinner over at the neighbors does not taste the same if you have that business relationship thing happening, not worth it IMO

Post Likes
    I've done it for most of my neighbors...cost plus a little bit.
    Never had any problem with it.

Besides,it would really piss me off seeing another companies truck on my street.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in