any answers for these questions guys?

question, should the valve body be mounted outside of the ahu to keep it's temp above that of the bulb.

The sporlan valve i want to use has a vapor cross charge.(vga charge)

(i mention this because if the valve body temprature is lower than bulb temperature then charge migration to body occurs when a vapor charge is used. when this happens the valve doesnt work because the little whif of vapor has left the bulb and turned to liquid in the valve diaphram )

if you remove the piston inside of ahu by opening the piston housing that is in the liquid line just before the distributor and put the piston housing back together and mount the txv outside of the ahu, does the approximatly 10 inches or liquid line between the txv and the distributor interfere with the distributors job of equally feeding the evap coil.

i guess im asking should a distributor always immediatly follow the txv to make the equal distribution work?

if this is the case, then the valve body on a txv with vapor charge must go inside of the ahu where it can become colder than the charge in bulb which will cause it to stop working.
    Goodbyee stranger it's been nice. Hope you find your paradise! Hey it aint rocket science, "It's a Trade !"

Talking

any txv hotshots out there
    Goodbyee stranger it's been nice. Hope you find your paradise! Hey it aint rocket science, "It's a Trade !"

Unhappy

this must be a hard one to answer

We may have to wait for someone that actually graduated from a refrigeration engineering course to answer that one, but in the mean time we could set up a experimental labratory to run some tests. I roughly estimate 750k would cover the first year. Now certification paperwork would add approx. 15% so keep that in reserve and just in case of project delays, allow for two years project run time. 1/2 the total money ($862,500.00) will be needed up front to cover initial equipment costs, will that be check or cash? We can name the testing company after you! How does RTTC ResoluteTech Testing Company sound????????????????? Bring on the CASH yeah.

Originally posted by resolutetech
    any answers for these questions guys?

question, should the valve body be mounted outside of the ahu to keep it's temp above that of the bulb.

The sporlan valve i want to use has a vapor cross charge.(vga charge)

(i mention this because if the valve body temprature is lower than bulb temperature then charge migration to body occurs when a vapor charge is used. when this happens the valve doesnt work because the little whif of vapor has left the bulb and turned to liquid in the valve diaphram )

If it's working right I don't see how the air temperature can be lower than the suction temp. Maybe equal to at times.

if you remove the piston inside of ahu by opening the piston housing that is in the liquid line just before the distributor and put the piston housing back together and mount the txv outside of the ahu, does the approximatly 10 inches or liquid line between the txv and the distributor interfere with the distributors job of equally feeding the evap coil.

The way Rheem ,for instance deals with this problem is to re-install a larger diameter piston in it's place. Last one i did I believe was a 120 or something like that. This causes the freon to be distributed evenly. You could first leave the piston out and check it by running it with the blower dis-connected and watch the frost lines of the various feeders. Check with the "Great Bald One" (Baldloonie).

i guess im asking should a distributor always immediatly follow the txv to make the equal distribution work?

if this is the case, then the valve body on a txv with vapor charge must go inside of the ahu where it can become colder than the charge in bulb which will cause it to stop working.
    [Edited by bb on 06-27-2005 at 08:22 PM]

The way Rheem ,for instance deals with this problem is to re-install a larger diameter piston in it's place. Last one i did I believe was a 120 or something like that. This causes the freon to be distributed evenly. You could first leave the piston out and check it by running it with the blower dis-connected and watch the frost lines of the various feeders. Check with the "Great Bald One" (Baldloonie).

wow, i always thought that was a don't do. hehehe i still love this sight. i have learned so much. i hope my questions are good ones. damn. with a vice i could bore the piston myself. i have pistons out the yang, just none for this one. its a frigidare. its under my house. im in the trade and learning so i want my system right. i would like a txv to make it more efficient in cooling.

love the sugestions to look at distributor lines.

still why can't the body of the txv get colder than the bulb. it has boiling refrigerant right next to it . the bulb has the same refrigerant super heated down stream from the txv?

[Edited by resolutetech on 06-27-2005 at 09:50 PM]

i have a futher question

\if i install a txv in the ahu and charge the system in cooling mode using sub cooling how does this effect heating which still has a piston in odu. can this be done? txv in AHU OF heat pump with piston In odu for heating. how does this effect ops in heat mode?

Not me.

This is from a pdf that someone posted here a few days ago:
    "Check with equipment manufacturer for the correct distributor and nozzle if poor distribution is diagnosed."

(This was previously printed in Jan. 2001 RSES Journal)

It didnt say much more than that.However,those guys have already given some good advice and diagnostic proceedure.

If you want the link to those,let me know and I will try to find it.

AND,IF ANY YOU LURKERS GOTS MORE GOOD PDFS FROM RSES THEN FEEL "FREE" TO POST.

Thanks.

This question belongs in the 'pro's forum'. Then it will get answered and with links...