Thread: Scroll Compressors

Post Likes
    Folks,

Just a couple of comments here, no biggie. So as some of you are aware I was installing central air in my house. I just put in a RUUD 3 Ton 10 Seer condenser. I must say I was a little worried about the noise from a scroll compressor as I had read here a few times recently about the noise they generate. I was reading about the blankets and other solutions to their loud noise. Let me tell you, this RUUD is much quieter than any Trane I have heard. Sitting about 15 feet away I can't even hear it. So maybe those other people had issues with theirs, but mine is super quiet :-)

Post Likes
    Only scrolls that I have seen make much racket are the ones that have had their charge levels adjusted using either the beer can/compressor max amp/cond sat temp + 35f/plain ole gauges (overcharged) and or have some other system problem restriction etc.

Post Likes
    My Trane 14xli is very, very quiet.

-Larry

Post Likes
    Looks good. Enjoy!
    If everything was always done "by the book"....the book would never change.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Post Likes
    Just a FYI,if your installers don't use a reamer properly or at all.

Scroll "tear downs" of noisey compressors,find the noise is often due to small pices of copper,being "plated" into the scroll.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in