Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Oh,.. every year i'd get my AC serviced and everytime someone would come out they'd tell me that the unit i had was to small for my house so thats why i went with a 2 1/2 ton.

we tear out the old units and put Trane stickers on them and resell them for big bucks, I bet they do too.
    No Heat No Cool You need Action Fast

Originally posted by jwondering
    Oh,.. every year i'd get my AC serviced and everytime someone would come out they'd tell me that the unit i had was to small for my house so thats why i went with a 2 1/2 ton.
    I don't know how a service person or salesman would know this without measuring the home and performing a "Manual J" heat gain / loss calculation. It doesn't sound like your choosen contractor did this either. Word to the wise....without the analysis you don't have a clue what size system you need.

Well,.. What can i say then.. from the sounds of most of the peoples post here it sounds like most you guys are just out to screw us anyway and make your money. so looks like I'm right along with all the other customers out there.... SCREWED.

Well,.. What can i say then.. from the sounds of most of the peoples post here it sounds like most you guys are just out to screw us anyway and make your money. so looks like I'm right along with all the other customers out there.... SCREWED.

Actually these guys are trying to "smarten you up". They go about it in an odd way, but you wouldn't understand if we explained it the correct way. We would have to come face to face to explain it properly. You maybe getting screwed but it is not by any of these guys on this site. There are a lot of hacks out there, we are trying inform HO's of these hacks and make sure they get a good install.

Call you contractor and ask them to do a manual J, if they refuse find another contractor.
    Karst means cave. So, I search for caves.

LOL,.. well i will tell you that my TempStar AC and Handler are both a POS.

I'm hoping Trane will be better than what i have now which is only a 10 Seer 2 ton.
    you say your unit is a pos then want to sell it or some parts on ebay. Then you say most of us are out to screw you.Sounds like you are out to screw someone.

no one is trying to screw you that is a tough word
    first have a man-j done find out just what size unit you need. decide what seer you want and how much you can afford to spend. get some prices and pick the guy you feel will give you the best job for your money
    your old units even though they are still working are scrap
    and yes they scrap guy will make a few bucks off them. this is called recycling. he does not make enough on it to even think about. as a service guy for me to tell you the unit is to small or a little light is one thing but to say you need a certain size with out doing a manual j and knowing exactly what size you need is just dumb. if the units you have cant keep up and keep the house at the temp you want then yes you need to size the unit to what you want. but to guess at the size and you being the homeowner paying for this to let them is just you screwing yourself
    since you now have all the info needed to make an intelagent choice

Yea maybe, but at least most of us here offer A free tube of KY does your service company?
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

where did this all go so sour?

dude, if you want to go through the trouble of cutting the copper out, seperating the coils, and bundling the wiring harness(es), to load them onto a truck, and take them to your local scrap yard, only to have them give you like 10 bucks, go for it...

otherwise, please don't sell your "pos equipment" to an unsuspecting buyer, that my friend, is a "hack"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12