Thread: house not cooling

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Likes
    I put in a new ac in a house last summer. The ac has been working great all summer long keeping the house at 75 degrees. They called me tonight said they came home from vacation and turned on the ac it ran for 6 hours and did not drop below 82. My gauge readings are perfect it just doesn't seem like it is blowing that cool or strong out of the registers.

Post Likes
    What's your delta T? Did they have it off the whole time. Tell them to leave it on and call you tomorrow.

Post Likes
    YA ....what was it when they turned it on 90. Have them try it tomorrow at a decent set temperature. I always hate homeowners calling on a weekend they have been gone all week end with the a/c off then turn it on in a house that has baked all weekend and the walls are hot and it is 90 in the house and it wont catch up. They need to get a clue. Oh well its not like a lot of them dont figure that one out. They need to figure out that if they want to save energy while they are gone they will have to deal with the conseqences when they come back. At least for tonight.

[Edited by dec on 06-27-2005 at 12:58 AM]

Post Likes
    go out charge them for an emergency call and them tell them all is fine

or sell them a good 5 day programable stat so it can cool down before they get home

Post Likes
    Originally posted by tom2448
    I put in a new ac in a house last summer. The ac has been working great all summer long keeping the house at 75 degrees. They called me tonight said they came home from vacation and turned on the ac it ran for 6 hours and did not drop below 82. My gauge readings are perfect it just doesn't seem like it is blowing that cool or strong out of the registers.
    Tell them to leave the t-stat at 75 degrees when they go on vacation, and you won't have a problem. If your guage readings are perfect, then check the duct work. they may have a supply with a hole in it under the house.

[Edited by ravenx on 06-27-2005 at 03:11 AM]

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in