Thread: condensing unit not working

Post Likes
    i observed that condenser fan motor is heat up. comp is trying to start. is fan motor burnt ?

Post Likes
    maybe, maybe not...call someone to have it checked

Post Likes
    amrik;

1. Are you single-phase or three-phase?
    2. Since this is a residential forum I'm assuming single-phase permanent split-capacitor motor, is this correct?
    3. How much current (amps) is the fan motor pulling?
    4. What is it rated for (locked rotor verses running amps)?
    5. Have you checked the motors capacitor?
    6. If so how many microfarads of capacitance did you measure?
    7. When did this problem first arise?
    8. Any thunderstorm activity in the local area recently?
    9. What is the age of the unit?
    10. Who is the vendor of the unit?
    11. Is the job site next to emergency medical support?

Please be aware that working with this piece of equipment is not a DIY project, understood? I'm assuming you're a trained service tech, if you are not then please go no further and contact a professional. The quantity of charge stored in a capacitor if not properly discharged is sufficient to damage your heart's rhythm enough for you to go into ventricle fibrillation. Should this occur you have but a precious few minutes to live unless your heart’s rhythm is reset with a defibrillator operated by trained medical professionals.

Does this make senses?

Post Likes
    faith do you think i should get a defibulator to keep in my service truck ?

Post Likes
    hvacguy1075

you know , that would be a good idea! I think ill get one to . can you use a pacemaker to set the rpms of a motor? If so I will get one of those to

Post Likes
    ct2 hvacguy1075,

all you really need is another charged capacitor. just apply it when you go into a ventricle fibrillation. this should get your heart in the right rhythm.
    remember, use a higher microfarad one and always have it nearby when working with a charge capacitor.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by amrik
    i observed that condenser fan motor is heat up. comp is trying to start. is fan motor burnt ?

You can't be any vaguer(sp) than this. My car won't start, I observed the waterpump trying to turn.Is it shot?

Call a pro.
    If everything was always done "by the book"....the book would never change.

Post Likes
    Pretty vague but I can feel the vibes coming across the internet connection. YEP got it, another klackenbocker problem uh huh thats three in about two days watch out for a recall on these puppies. Call a PRO he will KNOW.

Post Likes
    just replace the whole system it will be better in the long run

Post Likes
    Geez, you guys call yourselves professionals?!! They've been making klackenbockers for 10 years now that will rotate 90 degrees either way. All you need is a 9MM adjustable and a stub ended frandershand wrench. You guys must still be doing things the hard way. Also Blocked condensor coils or bad condensor fan would be my guess. But go ahead and move the house just in case I don't know about rotating it though as that could mess up the klackenbocker.

__________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards" ~ Vernon Law

"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts." ~ John Wooden

"When the teachers become unteachable we're all in trouble" ~ Mr. Bill

"Remember "Pro" is only a name, it's not always a mindset determined to do everything correctly" ~ Mr. Bill

Post Likes
    I think it needs to be viewed with a sphinkterscope before you jump to any conclusions.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by dnt
    Pretty vague but I can feel the vibes coming across the internet connection. YEP got it, another klackenbocker problem uh huh thats three in about two days watch out for a recall on these puppies. Call a PRO he will KNOW.
    dnt, i have about had it with your klackenbocker answers.

as a majority stock holder in klackenbocker industries, i don't find your responses humorous, or informed. until you get some more training on these devices i suggest you quit condeming them. there will be several training courses on the klackenbocker devices in the fall. i suggest you get your employer to send you to one of these. 98% of all klackenbockers returned under warranty have no problem at all. i am sure you are responsible for some of these.
    i wanted to put a picture here

Post Likes
    you can get sphinkterscopes here
    i wanted to put a picture here

Post Likes
    Originally posted by hvacguy1075
    faith do you think i should get a defibulator to keep in my service truck ?
    jumper cables and a 12V, same damn thing.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by docholiday
    I think it needs to be viewed with a sphinkterscope before you jump to any conclusions.
    NEVER jump with a sphinkterscope

Billpro, is that pronounced franders-hand or frander-shand, I always feel fooling saying things wrong

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in