Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Originally posted by hvacguy1075
    dont do what brother in law says
    I have a confession to make on this thread. Last Wednesday afternoon, I asked the wife, there is a heat wave coming, do you want to have me install central A/C? She said yes. So I got into the STATION WAGON and went down to the local Goodman dealer. Got me one of those CKL-30 thingy's, and hooked up those copper pipe thingy's to that A-frame thingy and got out my shop-vac and vacuumed out that thing good. Cools kind of good, but that ice forms on the line kind of like James does. So we just chip it off, and use it to cool the Buckhorn beer.
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy.

You guys...

...really need to leave that ice on the outside line!!!

It's just helping cool the OUTSIDE!!!

james those guys are just fooling around, what has happened is that the klakenbocker device has went off, this is a factory installed device that indicates a service call is needed from your favorite HVAC repair company. They will reset the device for a fairly small fee for a short period of time, if you need it reset for say 5 to 10 years you will have to pay a lot more and would possibily have to replace the entire unit. If you have one of those extra thick pleated filters that captures pollen etc open the top of the trash can and stuff it all the way to the bottom then stomp firmly, travel to your local supply house and buy the cheapest little blue free flowing media filter you can find and send a donation to your favorite charity for the money you just saved.(service call plus cost of a filter that leads to a lot more problems than it solves)just a guess here but more and more I see people using the pleated highly restrictive filters on a already marginal system, the result is always the same freezing evap coil and suction line and possibly a compressor that has self destructed due to liquid refrigerant being returned thru the suction line. The stupid filters should have a warning label on them they are much more dangerous than tobacco oh OK maybe NOT LOL

I believe your home has been tele-ported to the artic regions. Hence frost on the big copper line thingy. Dont let anyone here fool you, this is now perfectly normat for your situation. The easiest fix is to just take a tubing cutter,hacksaw, chainsaw, or whatever is handy and just cut the darn thing out as you dont need it since your tele-port. You may want to just remove the whole big box looking thing located adjacent to the big copper thingy line, you dont have much use for it either, unless its a heat pump. Well come to think of it, if its a heat pump , you are screwed anyway, since there isnt much heat there to extract.

Better to start kissing ass right now on whoever tele-ported you there and see if you can get back to home.

Regards

biscute (that is the way my local Hardees spelled biscuit on their outside sign, now the kids always ask for a biscute at breakfast time) I do not want to discount the teleportation theory but this is is obviously the klackenbocker device, if the unit had been teleported it could have been damaged though hmmm.

I am from Mississippi and as a result, I am not familiar with the "klackenbocker" deivce you speak of. Thus I can not discount nor approve your theory.

I anxious to see what the root cause of the problem is however!

regards and have a great day everyone

De ice is actually suppose to be on the small copper line so what I do is remove it from the large copper line and put it on the small copper line. Then you can measure your supercooling oveheated effect using an oven thermometer. It works for me!
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

well i had a service tech check mine out when it frosted up, and he said it was from an obnoxious little poodle pissing on it. i didn't belive him, so i went to wally world and got me one of them conversion kits for your car, and converted my unit to that new 134 frrezone, now my unit runs just fine
    i wanted to put a picture here

check your air filter is indoor fan operating

Take an icepick and start chipping away. It doesn't matter how hard. Check out the indoor part too. Lots of GOOD ice there. Sure, you can make mint juleps with it. Don't worry if you let out the CO2. You don't need it in there anyway. Mix drink and Enjoy

Originally posted by James 3528
    I called my brother in law that sells goodman equipment and he said to set the thermostat thing lower
    Figures a Goodman installer would say that.

Originally posted by biscuitnt
    I anxious to see what the root cause of the problem is however!
    Roots! Roots! Do you have trees? The roots follow the water on this line and can actually grow inside causing what we call a "restriction."

I think you should consider a new system. You can try the 134a, but the roots usually come back. I bet your brother-in-law can get you a good deal.
    There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action....Mark Twain

Originally posted by broomallbandit
    check your air filter is indoor fan operating
    if its dirty just flip it over to the clean side
    i wanted to put a picture here

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast