Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Software for scheduling and dispatching.

I am looking into software for our small HVAC company to help with scheduling and dispatching. We have Quickbooks now for accounting. Should I get 3rd party software that integrates with QB? I could get by with a basic program for now, but would rather implement a good program that has features availible to help us if there is growth or if I want to use more features than just scheduling and dispatching.

Checked out Smart Service (was told that entry's to my smartphone calender wouldn't automatically sync to my pc or vise versa, I would need to log in to the program)

Wintac Pro (claims to do it all, no need for QB, claims to be very easy to use. No monthly charges)

Any advise from someone that's tried differant software???

We use a program called OnePlus and have been since there were just 3 of us. I believe it'll export directly to QB, but I'm not sure. Easy enough to use and has been able to keep up with our growth.

we use an older version of wintac and looked at upgrading, but decided to move everything into QB and use yahoo calendar for scheduling since that's what we have been using for years and never had a problem. I'd love to have the $$$ to get the full wintac upgrade though and outfit our techs with some cheap netbooks and set up a server to do the scheduling within wintac. but oh well.

Thanks for the replies to my question. I am very unfamiliar with anything more technical than a piece of paper! Eric, I thought Wintac has scheduling built into it, or maybe your version is too old for that. What I like about these scheduling programs is that it ties into QB's and will use the info from your customer list. To schedule jobs, a summary sheet or work order (or both) can be printed with all the pertinant info included, such as phone numbers, address, etc.

If you use QB and yahoo calendar, do you copy and paste the customer address etc to your calender? What about a tech in the field, do you TEXT new job info to him?

OnePlus seems to have a good basic program (will see a demo later today) , but the cost to add a calender that sync's the calender info from a phone in the field to the pc is way too much, $3000+, though I am sure it has many additional features I wouldn't use at this time.

Im looking for something similar, but is set up w/ CSR script and auto populates info between modules when entered and it would be nice to have auto-recognition of existing clients when they call from a familiar # or address. i need it to dispatch sync to our smart phones and calendars too...i know its a tall order - but it would be worth the fluidity.

I beleive ESC by Desco-Soft.com may have phone # recognition, not sure about the other stuff.

We use ESC as well. It can be buggy at times, and tech support is sometimes difficult to come by. It has software for our techs to make electronic invoices in the field via Smartphone that are entered into history, billing, etc.

I downloaded a free version of ayanova I was told they had a good billing program but so far all I can get out of them is a nice scheduling program

we are now taking a look at one plus.just to see. we'll probably stick with what we have,
    to answer your question CPHVACTECH, we just input customers name/ address/phone and pertinant info as we get the call right into yahoo calendar. then when our techs do the invoice we input that into QB if it's a new customer, or use the existing data if it is a repeat.
    the nice thing about the yahoo calendar is our techs can look at it using their company phones in the field so we hardly ever have to text them. they do call in from the field frequently and we will inform them of the next call and tell them the info is on the calendar.
    I'm sure there is a better way to do it and like you said..we could spend several thousand dollars to take advantage of what a newer version of wintac or something like oneplus could do, but it works for us.
    also if it helps, we did almost 1 mill last year and only have 5 company vehicles at the moment, about to add another tech and installer and 1-2 vehicles. so that gives you our approx. company size.

Quote Originally Posted by CPHVACTECH View Post
    I am looking into software for our small HVAC company to help with scheduling and dispatching. We have Quickbooks now for accounting. Should I get 3rd party software that integrates with QB? I could get by with a basic program for now, but would rather implement a good program that has features availible to help us if there is growth or if I want to use more features than just scheduling and dispatching.

Checked out Smart Service (was told that entry's to my smartphone calender wouldn't automatically sync to my pc or vise versa, I would need to log in to the program)

Wintac Pro (claims to do it all, no need for QB, claims to be very easy to use. No monthly charges)

My company is currently using Wintac and we are very disgusted with it, it crashes all the time and the P & L is never the same - If I were you I would look into getting something else, I know we are

Been using it for a few months now so far so good support is really good

www.servicesidekick.com

Smile

The ESC program from dESCO intergrates with Quickbooks or Peachtree. We use their own ESC accounting and are very happy with it. More detailed job costing and inventory management. dESCO used to be Coastal Computer which started in the early 80's with their THEOS based program. We started using them in 1990 and 2 years ago we upgraded to their windows based ESC program. Has all the bells and whistles: mobile computing, gps intergration, bar coding, caller ID to bring up the account of a caller, easy to scan documents into a customers account, excellant support team, emailing invoices & statements, .... you should look at dESCO before buying a software program.

Quote Originally Posted by CPHVACTECH View Post

We have been using Wintac Pro for about 8 years and without a doubt it was the best investment we ever made. Before that, used Quickbooks for accounting and Outlook for scheduling. Our dispatching, job tracking, ect. was all pen and paper. Wintac replaced everything and got us a lot more organized. Took a little while in the beginning to learn but their support is free and very good. THe best thing for us is having everything in one program.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast