I have a dumb homeowner question:

My new construction heating/cooling design is a:

Buderus Wall Hung - rated to 85k BTU

American Standard Variable Speed Air Handler TWE037E13FB (2 - 3.5 ton) with 37,000 capacity

American Standard A/C 2A7A2036A1000A 3 ton with 36,000 capacity

Amtrol Tank 80 gal water tank.

It will be two zone heating/cooling in our two story with radiant in the garage slab and basement slab.

A heat calc was done on this. My question is do my btu outputs need to sync up better?

Thanks

I would be wondering how long it would take 80 gallon of water to recover at 85000 btus.

May not be a problem with a priority relay,however you dont want the relay holding out your heat for do long either.

Great job on picking comfort over price,What type of filtering system is going in?

I think you'll have some trouble with recovering the indirect and heating when its close to design temp.

76800btu's to recover 60 gals water @ 80° rise in 30 minutes.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

The Amtol unit is their highest recovery unit avail and super efficient, guessing it won't be a problem....

Does it have the smart control?

How mnay in your family.

You'd hate to find out that you can't heat, and recover for 45 minutes, when its 10 degrees out side.
    Contractor locator map

I don't have smart control included as of now. Family of four, soaking tub in master. Last house we got by with a 40 gal water heater with only once where we had to wait for ramp up...

You guys are right however...don't want to wait for heat or hot water.....plus it will get below zero in the winter where I live....

A soaking tube will put you into recovery for an hour or more if it has to recover more then an 90° rise.

If you plan on using the tube alot in the winter, you moght want to move up to 120,000. Or a control that will stop recovering, and switch to heat after 30 minutes.

Contractor locator map

I wonder if you fired it at a higher temp rise and mix down the domestic side,would you see a quicker recovery?

You are correct also dualzone,you have the luxury of designing your system around how you and the family take a
    shower,we have to design around worse case.

You made be just fine with all that storage,and then maybe not.

Do I need to worry that my air handler is only at 37k btu when my boiler is at 87k?

No, your AC 37K is cooling capacity, 87K is your heating capacity. Two totally seperate things.