Smile

Any site where I can get ops manual on a Johnson DX9100. Its controlling a chiller which is five stage.
    "My hands are for sale"

Be Careful!!!!

The DX is a powerful controler. I highly reccomend the Dx Eng. class. This controler is like a blank canvis to the programer.
    You will need the WGX9100 software to change the logic and the input output configuration. You can do quite a bit from the front panel operations.
    Good Luck

Wink

JM,
    Went to that site, when you punch # into search 66 items show up. I wasn't sure which to down load. I just want to change the set point. If we can't, we will rip it out and put a simpler control in. Chiller is not tied into any managment system.
    "My hands are for sale"

If you don't need all the programming power of the DX I suggest you replace it with a Johnson System 350 controller. The 350 series are simple and consist of some modules that work together and plug into each other as they mount on din rail.

You can even easily setup an outside reset for the boiler water setpoint.

The DX 9100 is far more complex than what most require plus it requires programming software and at least a week of Johnson factory school just to understand the fundamentals of the thing.

Originally posted by mrhvacmechanic
    JM,
    Went to that site, when you punch # into search 66 items show up. I wasn't sure which to down load. I just want to change the set point. If we can't, we will rip it out and put a simpler control in. Chiller is not tied into any managment system.
    Can I have the old one?
    Most of the dx9100 programs are canned nowadays, very reliable control.
    If you don't see them every day, they can have you scratching your head.
    this one giving you problems?
    I work with the Chiller Whisperer...

http://cgproducts.johnsoncontrols.co...opframe.aspx&0

Check under -controls--programmable

[Edited by sonc on 06-26-2005 at 12:34 AM]
    I work with the Chiller Whisperer...

Question

sonc,
    seven items come up, which should I download??
    "My hands are for sale"

If you are only interested in changing a setpoint you may be able to do it from the front panel. In most cases you can. If the original installer properly labeled the inputs, outputs and constants in the front cover this would help. Get your hands on the little guide that comes with the DX. Setpoint are usually 'constants'. To view the list of constants press the K key repeatedly till you find the one you want. They will be numbered consecutively. Digital constants will be ON or OFF and analog constants will have a numeric value. Not standing in front of one I cant picture the key sequence but if you get the little book that will help.

ps. You will likely need the 'KEY' to make any changes to values. You can purchase it from your local Johnson ABCS for a rediculous $25.