If you offer or know someone who offers professional HVAC design services for simple, new construction, residential structures, please let me know.

I'm an owner builder who is relying on remote supervision for a job utlizing local sub-contractors for a North Carolina Beach house (2 stories, on Stilts, 1,250 sf each floor).

I would like to bid out work and have install work inspected based on a reasonably articulated HVAC plan. Right now all I have are the typical new construction blue prints with NO details on HVAC.

This will be a two zone system with the air handler "strapped" to the underside of the house and the outdoor compressors on a platform even with the 1st floor height (in other words, "raised" like the house).

I want to fairly compare apples to apples and avoid the current "eye-ball" method that I'm receiving that yields quotes based purely on tonnage. I'm less concerned about pinching nickels than I am getting the job done right.

All sogo's appreciated!

Thanks,

brad murphy
    ocean isle beach, nc
    brunswick county

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Try Tradewinds H&C,in Kitty Hawk,he's on this site often,not sure if that's close by,but codes are likely the same/similar.

252-449-4328

I dont think you would have any problem getting someone to design a good system for you....call a few up and tell them you will pay them to design a system on one of your blueprints so you can pass it around to get competative bids. No one will have a problem with that if they are getting paid to do it. They just hate the ones that want it designed for nothing so you can pass it around for competative bids when they did all the work. Glad to see you have no problem with paying someone for their services.

Originally posted by bradesp
    utlizing local sub-contractors for a North Carolina Beach house (2 stories, on Stilts, 1,250 sf each floor).

This will be a two zone system with the air handler "strapped" to the underside of the house and the outdoor compressors on a platform even with the 1st floor height (in other words, "raised" like the house).

brad murphy ocean isle beach, nc brunswick county
    I hope you are thinking of 2 Separate Systems ..
    __EQUIPMENT Zoning__ versus Dampered Zones on one A/C unit.

~2.5 Tons for each floor.

_Think about Spray Foam _ http://www.zipfoam.com/ _
    in attic + ( one or both) Air Handlers within this protected space to minimize SALT concerns which would definitely be prevalent on Ocean Isle Beach.

Can one 2.5-Ton air handler ( 22" x 24" x 46") be located on the first floor?

_ Need a Pro _ ...
    e mail: racingdan11 at comcast dot net (< per Forum rules)
    Revise above syntax accordingly.
    Designer Dan
    It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with "Some Art". ___ ___ K EEP I T S IMPLE & S INCERE

Define the Building Envelope and Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows and Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities